Server Settings Question

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey all.

I'm starting to set up Mostly Dark Universe for public access, but I have a question;

Is there a way to disable admin spawn from the ship catalog? I logged under a different name, but I can still admin spawn any ship in the catalog. Maybe it's just because it's recognizing my IP instead of the new login, but I'd like it if players couldn't spawn any ship they want for free.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    by default, no one is admin. because starmade logic, this means anyone is admin.

Simply run /add_admin Zaphord and you will be made admin, and lowly pleb players can't spawn ships :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    by default, no one is admin. because starmade logic, this means anyone is admin.

Simply run /add_admin Zaphord and you will be made admin, and lowly pleb players can't spawn ships :)
    That's the first thing I did. I can't seem to confirm if non admins have access to admin spawn, however. I suspect that it's off by default, but seeing as my IP is probably registered as admin, I can log in under any name and still have admin rights.

I tried going public before, but found that someone had flooded my build sector with uploaded blueprints, so I whitelisted and had a lot of clean up to do before I got things back to normal again. I've since set the server to no blueprints to keep people from doing it I the future, and to maintain originality in the server for as the tic reasons.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The game doensn't do per IP admins. That's just not a thing. Open the admins.txt just to be sure you have admin.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The game doensn't do per IP admins. That's just not a thing. Open the admins.txt just to be sure you have admin.
    Did that too. Just me and my friend on the list, who is a moderator while I'm offline.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    How are you launching the server? That can have odd effects when it looks for files.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm hosting it on The Smelter, and use thier configuration front end on their website, Multicraft Pannel, I think.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Whitelist therimmer96 and PM me the IP. I will come on from a different IP to you and check if I am admin. if so, yell at their support for doing things wrong.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll have to do it later, at work right now and my phone isn't cooperating with the smelter website for some reason.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Got it figured out.

Multicraft panel does absolutely shit other than let you edit server.cfg as far as I can tell. Seems it's a re-purposed front end for Minecraft, so only a few things work for Starmade.

Thanks for the help.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Got it figured out.

Multicraft panel does absolutely shit other than let you edit server.cfg as far as I can tell. Seems it's a re-purposed front end for Minecraft, so only a few things work for Starmade.

Thanks for the help.
    Yeah, its for MC. I'm surprised they're not using TCAdmin