Server problems with NPC factions

Reaction score
    Hi guys,
    Currently having huge lag spikes ingame when the NPC factions have their "turn".

Most players havent bothered with them so they are left unchecked and they have roughly 1200 entities according to the backend info.

Is their anyway to scale back their expansion? Or stopping them from fighting while in an unloaded sector? Or disabling them?

Just looking for ways to fix this before we go out and delete 1-2 of them
    [doublepost=1486188205,1486188148][/doublepost]Or a way to make the NPC have a "turn" once an hour instead of every 5minute or whatever the default is

Reactions: RabidBat

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would like to start by saying I have little knowledge on support issues. I work on social media and can only help so much. It does little to tag me in your support threads.

You can alter how quickly a faction expands through their NPC faction config files located in the data/npcfactions folder in your StarMade directory.

I do not know if faction turns are hard coded or can be altered by a config. I am also fairly sure they are not as often as every 5 minutes. That would be the server auto save feature if I am correct. The server does tend to jump when that happens.

If the faction turn was as low as every 5 minutes, that would open the up to expanding every 5 minutes. That is far too quick but again, I am unsure. Andy will know more.

Reaction score
    thanks criss, sorry for linking you but i need a response as players are dropping off the server all week as we havent found a way to fix this issue.

the only way ive seen so far in the NPC faction config to slow them down is their mining bonus, but that may not fix them as outcasts currently have 1200 objects and im sure the other 2 arent far off it

Reaction score
    well no reply, we have resorted to deleting the NPC factions one at a time

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    By default, faction turns happen every 15 minutes.

How many factions do you have on the server?
    Any altered config for them?

You may want to grab the logs/npc directory from your server and send it to me, I can look into them then, if there is anything that may need a fix.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I have no factions in game at all. I'm playing single player world,
    1) No logs for faction was created at all (there is no /logs/npc directory either)
    2) I can't see any blueprints other than old Isnaths
    3) No factions in diplomacy other than pirates and trade guilds

I've played for 4 hours or so in one sector mainly.
    It should be this way?