Suggestion Separate rating and agree/disagree

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having "agree" and "disagree" as ratings led to "disagrees" being resented and even considered a little rude. This is because disagree was a negative rating which showed up as a bad statistic on one's profile. This should not be. Instead, we should separate positive ratings like "like," "creative," "friendly," and negative ratings like "rude" from agree/disagree. That way I could rate a post friendly or creative while still expressing my disagreement with what is said in it.

If agree/disagree is displayed as a statistic, it could be something like "how controversial you are" or something that's obviously not a bad thing. Personally, I still think that is a bad idea.

What would this look like?

At the bottom of each post there would be an "opinion meter" with red and green sides. It would begin grey for no ratings, then change to color when ratings start coming in. Numbers of agree/disagree would show up on the green and red sides, respectively.

The advantage to the opinion meter is a quick way to see gage participants' overall response to something you've posted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As much as I respect others opinion. The issue isn't that WE don't respect yours. The issue is that OTHERS do not!

Your intentions pure as they may be, are not the true reflection of the community as a whole. you are assuming the positives of all parties involved. the sad truth is, as good as you think the other participants are there is, and always will be, that one IDIOT that makes the rest roll their eyes in disgust. I have a few KKK members in my family which prove my point on a yearly basis.

anyway lets go ahead and get facts settled right now.

1. fact is the old system has a lot in common with the new council or representatives of late. recently someone was removed from it as the grounds of that one person was negatively affecting the bodies effectiveness to do its INTENDED job. so to resolve that negativity they removed the cause. the same exactly, also happened with the post rating system, its negative feedback only made a detriment towards its INTENDED purpose. so they removed that from the equation. what you are proposing is put it right back so it can happen again? seems kinda counter productive to me.

2. it wasn't removed just because people complained, it was removed because it interfered with the ability to get the information the devs were looking for. they wanted to know what the players thought about what they were doing to the game. it ended up causing debating on why they were rated unfairly.

3. its also kinda becoming unnecessary. now this part is my personal opinion so feel free to disagree. with the new tag system we have instead of the one way communication, a working two way interaction with the development team. they can tell us what they want by tagging something accordingly. we can then tell them what we want by responding to that tags respective input. So I say forget the rating system all together and let this help the game instead.

Reaction score
    Having "agree" and "disagree" as ratings led to "disagrees" being resented and even considered a little rude. This is because disagree was a negative rating which showed up as a bad statistic on one's profile. This should not be. Instead, we should separate positive ratings like "like," "creative," "friendly," and negative ratings like "rude" from agree/disagree. That way I could rate a post friendly or creative while still expressing my disagreement with what is said in it.

If agree/disagree is displayed as a statistic, it could be something like "how controversial you are" or something that's obviously not a bad thing. Personally, I still think that is a bad idea.

What would this look like?

At the bottom of each post there would be an "opinion meter" with red and green sides. It would begin grey for no ratings, then change to color when ratings start coming in. Numbers of agree/disagree would show up on the green and red sides, respectively.

The advantage to the opinion meter is a quick way to see gage participants' overall response to something you've posted.
    I disagree with this, well in all other areas besides suggestions I agree with this but in the suggestion fourm I think their needs to be a disagree button. Because it makes it easier for the devlopeers to know what the users don't want. For example Some people would rather click disagree or agree on a suggestion then type a long reason why. I also they the devloper would be able to look at a idea easyly say ok this got 400 agress and 600 disagress. It all comes down to what time the devlopers have to read all the comments. Which they are also working so my guess is they do not have the time to read every single suggestion. So thats why I say in the suggestion area only that there should be a agress disagree button. that way they would know which to read first. that they would easly know what things people are wanting and what people are not. The fact is if your going to put something online that is your opionion there are always going to be people who disagree with you. Weather its 1 person or 3 million people. Thats just part of life. a disagree button is not rude it is simply a button. I know this post is old but I did not want to make a new post when there was already one about it. I think a disagree button would help the devlopers.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Isn't not rating something disagreeing already? If almost no one rates a post Agree or Like, there likely isn't that many people who agree with said post. It's also important to remember that negative personalities are much more outgoing than civil-minded, constructive ones. Disagree ratings could very well be used more than agree ones in a situation with a 50/50 agreement behind the screen.

Reaction score
    kiddan you misunderstand me I was saying a agree buttion or disagree button as tool for the devlopers. Doesn't even have to be be a disagree button could be just a want or don't want button. Because You have all types of people out some would rather click a button rather then give the reason they want or don't want. So I was saying if they had a tool that people could press it would save them time instead of having to read each reasons why the game should have it or not. Because lets face facts they have other jobs then to read every single reason why there should or should not have something in the game. Thats what I think. Yeah I agree if your wanting a disagree button and feel you have to tell the person don't be lazy and write it or what ever. But in the since of saving tim or giveing the devs more resources so they do not have to go through every reaon. Which we already know its impossible for them to read every why or why not. For example Like my gear block suggestion. They could just read my suggestion and then have a tally of wants or not wants.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    kiddan you misunderstand me I was saying a agree buttion or disagree button as tool for the devlopers. Doesn't even have to be be a disagree button could be just a want or don't want button. Because You have all types of people out some would rather click a button rather then give the reason they want or don't want. So I was saying if they had a tool that people could press it would save them time instead of having to read each reasons why the game should have it or not. Because lets face facts they have other jobs then to read every single reason why there should or should not have something in the game. Thats what I think. Yeah I agree if your wanting a disagree button and feel you have to tell the person don't be lazy and write it or what ever. But in the since of saving tim or giveing the devs more resources so they do not have to go through every reaon. Which we already know its impossible for them to read every why or why not. For example Like my gear block suggestion. They could just read my suggestion and then have a tally of wants or not wants.
    No no, you're suggestion is great! I was expressing my opinion relevant to the original post, not yours. =P

Reaction score
    kiddan Are you sure.... lol Do you need a disagree button lol j.k if you didn't know I figured that but what do you think about my I dea then?

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    kiddan Are you sure.... lol Do you need a disagree button lol j.k if you didn't know I figured that but what do you think about my I dea then?
    Having a disagree button that only shows the results to the devs? It could be quite useful, especially without a Counsel to curate suggestions. But it depends on whether the devs would stray away from controversial suggestions or not, ignoring them despite having a couple helpful ideas expressed in said suggestion or discussion.

Reaction score
    This disagree button is clicked way faster than the agree button. It's a part of the human nature and also blamable on the low age-level in online cummunities in general.

Additionally it's ok to only say "I agree", but if you disagree a further explanation is often usefull. So forcing people to write at least one sentence, if they want to disagree, but only to click a button if they agree, actually makes some sense too. =)