Secondaries used as effects for primary weapon combos?

Like or hate this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • ????

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've noticed a lot of people wanting salvagers as an effect so I figured why not extend this idea to all secondaries to where their defensive mode is what they are now but when but when used as part of a Primary + Primary + Effect Combo they take the Effect slot.

Basically you could end up with salvaging missiles, Repairing Pules blasts, Shield or Power Draining Cannon Fire, etc. The list could go on but the general idea is as effect slot used slaves they'd extend their current effects over to the weapons. As for how to balance this I got no idea but it should be interesting.

Any ideas?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It could simplify things, but you need to flesh out the idea more. Mostly in terms of default config options for all the different combinations. For example draining cannon shots don't really make sense unless you hand-wave the feedback, so for those hits, it might be a complete replacement for the Ion effect system. (Simply kills one of the health bars, whether it be energy or shields, but doesn't use the damage value to feed the attacking ship's health bars.) Or vice versa, the Ion effect system might completely replace the shield drain system.

Replacement is good in that, while it may break some designs, it frees up ultra-valuable Block IDs.