Searching a multitile planet blueprint

Reaction score
    I was thinking to build a city on a planet, but it wouldnt make sense to do that on a normal generated one. I want to save that city as blueprint.

Did someone allready do the work and made a planet core or even a full planet with vegetation? I know there is a rotating station core around.

Reaction score
    If nothing is around, I might just put a build block onto a planet, copy and cut its plate, and repaste it onto a core. I am not quite sure, if that is a satisfying result though... The biggest benefit would be, that this sort of saving allows me to spawn in only one side of a planet. I think spawning in a whole planet big object at once might kill my pc if I ever want to respawn it somewhere else...

Also I could then dock the core onto a longer rail and expand the diameter of the planet, when I need more space.

Reaction score
    It would probably be better just to use a single copied plate as a starting point and then expand that if you need more space, especially if you don't need a whole planet. Bear in mind that there are still limits to what the game can cope, AFAIK, entity rendering breaks if you go several kilometers from the core (5-8 km in any directionwould probably be the safest diameter for something like you're planning), and depending on your PC specs the game may become unplayable well before that mark.

As far as it comes to actually player-spawning planets, the game doesn't have that functionality built in yet, the planets are generated by the game upon world generation and cannot be respawned if destroyed via admin commands or blown apart and harvested using salvagers.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sometimes planets are really annoying.
    Want a nice underground base? You'll hit lava.
    Want a nice city? You only filled on of many plates with it.
    Want a nice canyon base? You hit the plate border very fast.​
    I admit, that they look better and the many biomes are good, but sometimes the good old cookie-planets were better.

I still hope we get huge bump-map planets with somewhat smaller editable building-sites and canyons on them.

Reaction score
    Or just better optimised without the laggy ass lava core so we can generate larger planets with like 1000m plates. Also make you able to blueprint them (Maybe you can blueprint them already, never tired, assuming you cant (cuz Starmade)).