Schine. Come and play with the players.

Reaction score
    I think it would be great if Schine staff would come and visit servers and interact with those actually playing the game, with the player numbers being fairly low at the moment it'd not be a hard task to do a server tour and talk to those playing and getting a hands on look at how people are playing and seeing what they want from the game.

I've found over the years many games suffer from relying solely on forums to communicate with their player base, and indeed seen many a game die from relying solely on forum feedback instead of devs getting in game and finding out what those actually playing their game want. From experience only a handful of players visit official sites and forums, meaning the majority go unheard. It would also give a good insight at the game settings people are using, and performance etc.
    Get an idea of what will keep people interested in SM, as interest is honestly waning. Forums are good and all, but I speak to more players directly who will never visit forums,have no interest in forums and cannot be enticed to visit forums and many of their views are largely different to those we see on here. Again it's the same for many games I have played.

Anyways that's my 2 cents, we at craftau.com.au extend an invite and would love for you guys to come and hang out with us a bit. Be some good PR too, not just for Schine but also for servers that still have an actual player base and I feel this game seriously needs some heavy PR and marketing work right now to drum up some interest and keep people interested.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Nobody can deny that our Devs are probably the ones that are the most involved with the community than in any other game I saw (asside from SC :P )
    I can see them in yt comments,they visit streams and hang out with players there all the time,and quite a few of them talk with everyone here
    in the forums.
    Would be cool to see them visit popular servers,but it would be one more thing on the list of "to-do" where there is already too many things needed to do if you catch my drift hahahah.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I see them on here and in Youtube comments etc myself, but that's kind of my point. It's one thing to be present, it's another to be present in the right places if you get me ;) Which players should be doing themselves by hitting the forums, but alas many don't and won't and it's not the gamers who have to keep the devs interested in the game hey?

They could consider it 'real world testing' and then they can write it off as actual work lol. :D

Don't all need to show up, send an envoy! One of these people I constantly read are doing things just to keep busy while they wait for something to actually do work wise. ;)

Reaction score
    A lot of us do in fact visit public servers, if I'm remembering correctly, I believe I have visited "craftau.com.au" before.

We have timelines and plans for this department, so far everything is going as expected ;)
    Must of been of those rare days when I wasn't on(or I wasn't aware of who you were), just my luck. lol :D
    And it is good to hear, just don't leave the marketing and PR too late in the game. ;)

Edit: And indeed it seems we do have a player on the server with your name.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I can verify that kupu plays the game in servers

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    We discussed playing starmade as part of our new game night. This is a new thing so we might play some other games before we take a dive into starmade multiplayer.

Reaction score
    We discussed playing starmade as part of our new game night. This is a new thing so we might play some other games before we take a dive into starmade multiplayer.
    May I suggest ragnarokgalaxy.com?

Reactions: Criss

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I guess there are not many servers that I not yet visited for some reason. :P
    And on most of them I built a small base on a planet, to have a safe respawn if I visit them again.

However,
    IF we start playing on a server,
    we will make sure we do that in disguise,
    and not even the server-owner should know about it.

The reason for that is obvious, isnt it?

- Andy