Salvage Turret Control

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Has anybody had any luck building salvage turrets? I want to build a mining freighter with mining turrets, but I can't get turrets to fire using salvage beams. Is there anything special I need to do to get these kinds of turrets to work?

Reaction score
    Has anybody had any luck building salvage turrets? I want to build a mining freighter with mining turrets, but I can't get turrets to fire using salvage beams. Is there anything special I need to do to get these kinds of turrets to work?
    I personally have no idea, but I do know that turrets functioning off of Bobby AI are unable to target non-hostile anything. They are pretty much used to shoot down enemies, whether they be astronauts, ships, or missiles. I have yet to see a setting that lets them lock on to asteroids; of course, that may come with the universe update.
    [doublepost=1518049565,1518049517][/doublepost]You could, however, try using manual turret aim to aim your turrets and then activate them through logic.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i don't believe that turret aim works with support systems atm. I tried to make a astrotech turret a while ago and that doesn't work either. I think currently the only way to get support systems to work with turret aim is if you use logic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I built one a while back. It was manually aimed however. The last I heard, one had to use a weapon computer with no modules connected (so to cause no damage to the target) then have the bobby AI set to Selected Target. This however only shot at the centroid of the target, so not very effective against large asteroids or derelicts. The trick though is getting the cargo off the turret and onto the ship.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Based off of what decurr said you could build large turrets which cover a lot of asteroid but this would only work well for large ships. Unless you want a ship with big ears.