Salvage laser rework

Reaction score
    1. Currently salvage laser is just textured quad. Please change it to either cylinder or cuboid, if cylinder clash too much with game's look. This way it'll be visible even if it would be placed directly in front of core. Also it'll look better than textured quad.

2. Please make it so that salvage lasers would try to aim at crosshair. This way you could aim it precisely if it isn't in front of cockpit/core (try for yourself: build "noob ship" with only core boosters, power and salvage computer then place salvage laser to the side - it'll aim to block next to your crosshair instead where you mean to aim it).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How would this allow large scale salvaging? My salvager currently clears stations in a few minutes thanks to how wide it is, making ti focus on the crosshair would make it take hours then!

Reaction score
    Option is okay with me. And sometimes you just don\'t want \"broad salvaging\", e.g. when you try to mine minerals from planet or asteroid without cluttering space with rock, lava or other useless junk.

Reaction score
    Giving salvage lasers an effect radius would be cool, then you could use 1 big laser instead of the current checkerboard designs

Reaction score
    Perhaps have it so if more than 1 cannon share the same output (i.e. two cannnons directly next to each other), they use 2.1x the power and have 90% efficiency, but also have a slight AoE effect (which can be increased with more surface on the output). Maybe have AMC and missiles do this well, to save on computer load?

Reaction score
    nah, i like how they work right now.

maybe the distance should be increased. :)

if you want to salvage faster, just use more of them in a row/cluster.

aim at crosshair?
    If this option is necessary, then fine. but there are more important things for the developer to do than to add options to already good systems. :D