Salvage cannons transfer loot to linked storage

Reaction score
    the title says everything. if you're mining something and don't have enough space in your inventory, you'll probably go and empty it into the storage. but if the cannons would transfer everything to the linked storage blocks, it'll be much easier.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    same

it\'s a shame that right now if there too many different things it\'s just gonna destroy them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1

To better elaberate how it would be I would say the Storage would be the same as the Weapons, Target the Salvage Computer then placing Storage turns the Storage into a linked block with the Cannons via Computer.

It would be cool if the Weapon systems needed ammo, you had to do the same.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea but it should fill your inventory first. (small salvage ships might not have plex storage)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    YES, this needs to be a thing. and have it so that if there is no linked storage it goes to your inventory but linked storage is the priority

Reaction score
    +1, all for this. And perhaps give us the ability to link storages together so they are one big storage? If there will ever be a item-limit for each slot, so we can\'t carry around 46496489498798485164 blocks of rock in one inventory slot anymore. Then we would have to be able to link storages to building blocks though, just so we can access it from the building block, so we don\'t have to leave it every time to refill our inventory slots with whatever material we are using.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    why not just take it a step further, and have the salvage cannons linked to a factory input, minerals then constantly get changed into something useful? what you build might be a bit random unless there was a way to dictate what gets built and what doesnt?

Anyhow, i like the idea of plexbox linking, so +1

Reaction score
    I just googled after the linking of salvage cannons and plex storages.

+1 from me too

But I have a little more defined idea...

Salvage cannons are linked to the salvage computer...
    Why not implementing some kind of a storage computer?
    For example - that could be linked to the ship\'s action bar where it shows a percentage of the Storage which has been filled until now.
    The storage computer of course should be linked to the salvage computer ^^
    And the Plex Storages again should be linked to the Storage Computer.

Here\'s a little Explanation how linkage could be:

SVCN = Salvage Cannon, SVC = Salvage Computer, SC = Storage Computer, PS = Plex Storage
    SVCN ---> SVC ---> SC ---> PS

Would be very nice for larger Mining Ships to see somekind of that.

Greetings from germany ;)

PS.: Excuse me for my misunderstoodable english ^^

PPS.: Had just right another idea... The Storage Computer also could be made configurable, what he should loot and what not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the idea of having a storage computer connecting your plex storages. Also, having salvage cannons transfer the minned blocks to a plex storage would be the way to go if bobby AI\'s are ever able to control a salvage computer.

Reaction score
    You have my support on this too, this should really be in the game to help it be more enjoyable.