Rolling Speed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Lately, I have been building extra large ships, and have noticed that a ship can roll quite raster than it can turn. Perhaps a nerf on the roll speed. This could also help with alignment into hangers, as fighters roll so fast that you can't really get perfectly aligned.

D

Deleted member 433088

I agree that ships seem to be able to roll excessively fast when compared to the rest of their movement. However, what I do is, instead of using the "rotate left" and "rotate right" keys, I use the "roll ship" one that allows you to rotate it with the mouse. This allows for extremely smooth and controlled rolling in even the smallest, speediest ships.
    This doesn't mean I think no adjustments are needed on the default roll keys, of course.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    it depends on the dimension, if you build a really wide ship it roles slowly, but turns upwards and downwards very fast. if you build a very long stick you turn upwards and downwards and sideways very slowly, but turn very fast.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm more irked about the fighter situation in reality, I always like to be aligned, so it would be nice. By the way, how do you roll with the mouse..

D

Deleted member 433088

By the way, how do you roll with the mouse..
    I remapped that key so I don't know what the default one is; check in your keybindings for the "roll ship" button, then while in a ship hold it and move the mouse left or right.
    I remapped that one to Q so I didn't have to get my hands off the WASD for that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I remapped that key so I don't know what the default one is; check in your keybindings for the "roll ship" button, then while in a ship hold it and move the mouse left or right.
    I remapped that one to Q so I didn't have to get my hands off the WASD for that.
    Hmmmm, it appears to be lcontrol, thanks...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lately, I have been building extra large ships, and have noticed that a ship can roll quite raster than it can turn. Perhaps a nerf on the roll speed. This could also help with alignment into hangers, as fighters roll so fast that you can't really get perfectly aligned.
    This is because your ship is longer than it is tall or wide. If you shy away from the cliche "long and sleek" look, your roll won't be your fastest rotation. Try some thing new! :D