Roleplaying Master Plan

Reaction score
    Hi, Its General Minishouts here, wanted to say hello to my fellow star made adventurers. In the years following my initial login in 2014, I must say this is the most immersive game. How about we take that a bit further? A Roleplaying plan that makes the game even more juicy from the ground up. For example, Let's make a server where only the best and vetted roleplayers are allowed. Each player has to start on planets. Faction points determine how many ships you could have at once (1 Fleet/1k Faction Points).

To further create a sense of making building on planets fun, Templates will be used much more.

Units
    Each Player has to have these units templated before they enter the game:
    Headquarters: (Holds their faction block)
    Companies: (Specializes in creating one resource)
    Utility Plants: (Power Generators, Shield Generators)
    Construction Yard (Holds the Building Block)
    Manufacturing Company (Creates Ships)

Unit Specifications
    Headquarters:

Level 1 -
    Size (30 x 30 x 60)
    Docked Entities (2 Turrets, 2 Landing Pads)
    Logic (unavailable)

Level 2 -
    Size (40 x 40 x 70)
    Docked Entities (4 Turrets, 5 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)

Level 3 -
    Size (50 x 50 x 80)
    Docked Entities (8 Turrets, 10 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)

Company Aspects:
    Executive Building-
    Size (15 x 15 x 45)
    Docked Entities (No Turrets, 5 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)
    Transports(5 Land, 1 Space)

Warehouse -
    Size (25 x 30 x 45)
    Docked Entities (No Turrets, 1 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)
    Transports(1 Land, No Space)

Factory-
    Size (40 x 40 x 30)
    Docked Entities (No Turrets, 3 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)
    Transports(No Land, No Space)

Utility Plants:
    Power Plant-
    Size (15 x 15 x 45)
    Docked Entities (No Turrets, 5 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)

Power Capacity Plant -
    Size (20 x 20 x 30)
    Docked Entities (No Turrets, 1 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)

Shield Centers-
    Size (40 x 40 x 30)
    Docked Entities (3 Turrets, 3 Landing Pads)
    Logic (available)

--More Information coming my friends, let's talk about it! =)

General Minishouts

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Since nobody responded here, I thought I might as well, and bump the thread one time and see if it goes ;)

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, (i am not hardcore RP, I am hardcore realistic) but I am guessing this is too much freedom taken away that the game offers, even for hardcore RPer. Required Templates are pretty drastic measures, the creative free-form is lost, (go do it in SP?), not good.
    The proposed HQ size restrictions are, hrm, not much "room" for creative RP there... maybe even a tad unrealistic?... and most definately cramped, and are you aware that planets are problematic, not to mention that the universe is filled with stations anyway?
    Not very appealing stuff you're proposing here...(at least not to me).

I do however agree with limits on Ships and fleet sizes!
    but not in respect to Faction points, I think is bad idea which will not work ...(saves this for another time*).

On the flipside, I would love to see more "RP" elements on servers, but I would rather call it "keeping it real" at least as much as possible.

Logically every station needs power generators and /or solar panel arrays, storage facility, factories, living quarters, shields etc... (yes even a homebase should have shields). Personally I would also like to see the "obligatory" Silos used as storage (cargo) or water/liquid O2 etc, rather than shield and power -block "hiding-spots", and power, shield, water facilities with an "engineering interface", pipes etc., instead of just stuffed somewhere out of sight.
    An attempt to construct these things realistically as possible deepens the immersion factor 10x (IMO).
    It adds a whole new level of quality to gameplay where everything is "eye-candy", but so many people are in such a big hurry to get stuff done, that not much gets done "right" (realistically).

I am working on such concepts "tryin to keep it real", but it is not easy, and it takes a long time.
    A few pics on the faction page: here if anybody is interested.
    and a little eye-candy here...

I have upgraded the Reactor in Maranello's Trade Station Beta to this power 2.0 version for use on a german server as spawn: SPAWN-REACTOR.jpg
    Solar Panels:
    SPAWN-SOLAR-PANELS.jpg

Almost forgot the Stab-Stream:
    STAB-STREAM.jpg
    See you in space!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I personally think an OP that suggests 15 different templates but doesnt even one picture of what he built himself is kinda not serious about it.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm all for RP servers but this is a lot to ask for from other players who are undoubtedly invested in their own projects.

When you say "Let's create a server with...", It almost sounds as if you expect someone else to do all work needed to create this server and build it the way you want, so you can join.

I may be misreading your intentions and if so, please explain further. ...and by all means; do show off your own templates so that interested players know they aren't just throwing all their efforts into a black hole. It should be also noted that planets are massive lag generators which are being phased out in a future update and are not commonly used as bases by serious players anymore.

As a show of good faith, here are some of my old structural templates. Let's see what you've got. (y)