Roleplaying and hard-ruled pvp - best servers? - anyone interested?

Reaction score
    Yeah so I am usually not the type of guy who plays around the best systems possible and tries to make the best battleship that reaches 10k mass, or who tries to make any sort of titan than "owns" on 500k mass limit servers.

Are there some servers out there, that have many rpers (active rp, like trading self-built ships or trading via docking, pvping with hard rules like only vessels that have 50% interior)? Right now I am on brierie just because of the player count.

Ofcourse I enjoy maxing some systems from time to time, for example making a good b-c turret that gets docked to my station with an extra reactor unit supplying it with 1.3mill e/s, to have some stuff that can play against bigger stuff...but I mainly build rather small and detailed, and I don't see many people actually playing with that rp-ready builds against each other. Everyone is just build all day. :D

I mean if I build for rp, I can build it in a way that it makes fun to fight with it against other rp builds. There are so many possibilities. For examples interior can be built with public access, so the enemy faction can actually board a ship. More than one guy could be needed on a ship, to defend it against actual boarding crews. Trading can be done via actually exchanging filled containers against credits. People can play pirates...Story-lore can be written in a seperate thread right in the faction-rp forum, along with rules like they are in d&d. I am just currious.

Reactions: GnomeKing
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think there needs to competitive leagues with different rules and trained referees to enforce them. An RP-PvP league with really stringent rules might be just the thing. I'd suggest investigating sports leagues and how they set thier rules.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are there some servers out there, that have many rpers (active rp, like trading self-built ships or trading via docking, pvping with hard rules like only vessels that have 50% interior)? Right now I am on brierie just because of the player count.
    This French server should be right up your alley. The number of Players seems to be between 2 to 10+ sometimes pretty decent for StarMade.

The Server uses custom stations on the map and may have other perks I only took a peek thus far.

The website is also nice and has some info including the rules in English.

Asguard StarMade Server

Reaction score
    Mmmh...

Don't expect too much from this server.

Reaction score
    Some ways to get players to interact are important and needed :

an admin moderated or gentle-persons agreement for 'capture the sector/station' (eg different mass limits or other conditions) type game could be workable > this can allow for controlled combat and lets players test ships against other online players without having to run around around the universe starting random server wars against players who often are offline...

various other modes could be considered > last-man standing, duel, 2-teams, players vs admin spawned AI, etc ...

conventions for faction realtions (peace/war etc) would need to be followed before/after matches. ...

Reaction score
    Yeah I was more looking for allready existing servers with the highest percentage of rpers. Like: are there more rpers on briere ond genx or on cake or freaks?

Nice to see that some people are interested into rp-pvp.

Reaction score
    There was a real rp whitelisted server somewhere... Don't know if it still exist. Though don't expect to have a lot of ppl connected everyday but this is the kind of server with the most amount of "rp" players.

Starmade's community isn't just big enough for your wish.

Though if you have the will to, you can probably start a rp faction and then go on whatever server you're interested in and then play with your faction and maybe others. If you're entertaining enough most people, except some jerks, will play along when you're here to interact with them. Even if they're not rp players with 10 years of experience.

In fact, playing a roleplay is about you, not others. It's up to you to make it feel alive and entertaining enough for others willing to be part of it.