Rocket Rendering Limit?

Reaction score
    Hey there, I've built a capital ship that contains an array of rocket launchers which are linked to support another array.

The equivalent amount of rockets being fired is 75 * 20, which is 1500, but I'm sure I see far less than that.

Also, I have to wait for about 3 minutes AFTER it has recharged before I can fire again, because if I do then the rockets don't appear at all.

Basically, is there a rocket rendering limit and is there a way to up this limit?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Missiles can use quite a lot of energy. Are you sure your power isn't just being drained and having to recharge between shots?
    Related: Are the missiles actually firing but not rendering--and able to damage or destroy the target--or are they not firing at all?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Missiles can use quite a lot of energy. Are you sure your power isn't just being drained and having to recharge between shots?
    Related: Are the missiles actually firing but not rendering--and able to damage or destroy the target--or are they not firing at all?
    I have the same problem, It appears that the rockets still fire, I think I see the damage markings from the rockets fired, but I'm never 100% sure its a hard thing to test, I'm fine with firing one and then another, but as soon as I fire the consecutively I can't see the rockets.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    There's render limits for everything, rapid amc's are most noticable because it looks like they stop shooting all together.

Reaction score
    I'm sure, there is plenty of power to fire all 1500 missiles.

I have the same problem, It appears that the rockets still fire, I think I see the damage markings from the rockets fired, but I'm never 100% sure its a hard thing to test, I'm fine with firing one and then another, but as soon as I fire the consecutively I can't see the rockets.
    So they may actually fire regardless, but just not be view-able?

Thank you for your answers, I will test this immediately.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'm sure, there is plenty of power to fire all 1500 missiles.

So they may actually fire regardless, but just not be view-able?

Thank you for your answers, I will test this immediately.
    It's only a rendering limit. It will fire them, but they simply don't render. This has been in the game aslong as I have :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Why are you firing so many missiles? That's a ridiculous amount. Half, or even just quarter, would be much less laggy for whatever poor bastard is on the receiving end of that swarm missile blast.

Reaction score
    Why are you firing so many missiles? That's a ridiculous amount. Half, or even just quarter, would be much less laggy for whatever poor bastard is on the receiving end of that swarm missile blast.
    I want that many because I just want it, it's how my design is; Also there is no lag on my system or server when I fire it.