RIP my WIP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am just incredibly mad that somehow even my backup files are missing. However I do not know what to report that anyone could help me with.

I just reinstalled Steam, usually Steam retains all of my previous files after re-installation. However this is not the case, specifically for Starmade and nothing else. I do not know how or why, it could even be entirely my fault. File recovery has only been able to retrieve a single .ent file, I have looked across a lot of forum posts and have found nothing that I can use .ent files for. Is this true?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't' know how much work you already put into your WIP.... however consider this.

This has happened to me once before. No matter what I did, I just couldn't restore one of my worlds that had a ship I was working on it. I was really bummed out about it. But I was determined to finish my project. As a result I did end up finishing it. And I was able to use lessons learned from my lost build to finish even faster than expected. The ship in question: Serentiy Firefly Class Transport

My point is: Don't give up and use your loss as an opportunity to build your WIP even better.

Good Luck :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Grab the Blueprints folder any time you need to backup things you don't want to lose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As alterintel said most of us have had this happen at some point.

Always copy your blueprint folder to desktop or where you want.
    Always save to local if on a mulitplayer server.

Bet it won't happen to you again though!
    Good luck on the rebuild.