Rex's Workshop

rex

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Howdy folks, Rex here. Let me start this off by saying I don't regularly use SMD if you haven't heard me say that already on the occasionally monthly visits I take here. But i've been meaning to become at least slightly more active here since there are some good things posted onto here. Really i've wanted to complete Endeavor before visiting here more but ehhhh so much work. I'll try to save actually posting anything into CC until then hopefully though. Anywho me rambling isn't what this thread was made for, i've been meaning to showcase some of the more recent things i've been building since I think at least they're semi-decent in the aesthetics department. None of the ships i'll be legitimately showcasing here are really PvP oriented because that's a whole other section of the game that i've neglected to really learn about.

But now that's enough rambling, onto the showcase!

First off is some of my older ships, which coincidentally enough are all (at least all the slightly decent ones) are based from Star Citizen.

The first ship here was picked to be first because in my opinion, it is the worst of the bunch. It is actually newer than the other three here but it's the only one that is still stuck in WIP hell, likely to never escape.
    This was a hybrid between the Hull E and Hull C, as the body style and engines would suggest Hull E however I suck at dimensions so it's more like the length of a Hull C maybe even B.
    https://i.gyazo.com/af85035ef2d41bdfc89b7d25234de2db.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/e2db08be0609330906f21a9e995ec722.png
    I'm really sorry for having to post links rather than images on these first few ships, but the max limit of pictures is 20 :/

Next up is a diplomacy fighter based on the body of the Hornet:
    https://i.gyazo.com/9843555fc3541996ab83acf9b7dced6f.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/0da356c4e0b8168cac2c3bc22eb566e7.png
    (Bonus: original picture I took of it back when it was first done, back when my comp was shite, I used the old launcher, and when I used the Site Demo version of the game)
    https://i.gyazo.com/2d3bf1989b53cbc1f426a16698de8a99.png
    Again really sorry for having to post links rather than images, all the rest below are images I swear! :P

Next is the Dragonfly transport speeder thing, it's rather cute in my opinion.

Finally for my old ships, is the newest technically of the four, the ARGO MPUV. It actually has a container I made for it (yes it actually does what the SC counterpart does) however I removed it because it doesn't look very good and isn't any of the ones SC has on it.

Now that i've got the older stuff out of the way, it's time for the new stuff! The main purpose of including the old stuff was to give a comparison for the present. The four above ships were pruned from all my old ships, to see how I used to be... well.... let's just leave that as a mystery shall we?

My newer stuff has been mainly for a little fleet/AI faction type thing. Until I get more ships finished for them (The bigger ship will remain unsystemed and thus unfinished until the power update rolls around because i'm lazy and don't want to do more work :P ) I have chosen not to tell their full name to anyone, so for now they remain named as CWC.

First off is my Transport shuttle. I've been told before that the shuttle looks alot like some cargo ship or something from EVE Online but I had no idea what that ship was prior to finishing the shuttle, so sorry if you wanted a EVE ship clone lol

Next is the Europan, which originally was not made for CWC, however I made a refit of it for CWC because why not?

Finally, is my CWC Frigate. It is still currently WIP but won't be worked on till the power update comes around. (i'm using the time right now making a Light Cruiser for CWC, however there's not enough of it currently to warrant taking pictures of as of yet)
    I'm really good at naming things amiright

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew that took a long time to get all together. If you stuck around and saw everything, thanks! I spent a lot of time building these (well some of them not so much but still). If you have any questions or comments or whatever feel free to ask, i'm looking forward to maybe seeing some talk when I log on tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!
    -Rex

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your first 2 failed to embed.

Use imgur album

rex

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your first 2 failed to embed.

Use imgur album
    That's alot of work for me when you could just click, tomorrow I can fix it but for now it's the best i've got. Plus it makes sense since those ships are older anyhow so no real need to see them :P