Reverse FP as default config option

Yay or Nay

• Total voters

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    Does what it says on the tin, makes reverse FP a default config option.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yay, but losing HB protection shouldn't be the default option, as it's very punishing to new players.

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    The only content that this game has that is even remotely fun is PVP, until Schine makes other aspects of the game more fun, we need to encourage PVP as the main source of fun, not just one of them.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Just because you don't like being told the sad truth doesn't mean the sad truth is an "opinion"

But then again, the only thing you have ever done for StarMade is build some ships for a non-existent roleplay community and started flamewars.
    but your "truth" is just an opinion, a lot of people in the community enjoys building and finds it fun, you don't like building? fine then don't build but you cannot go around saying on behalf of the community that the only fun thing in a sandbox games is the pvp aspect.

Yes I accidentally ignite things sometimes and most of the time I regret it but I cant stand you saying building and making RP ships and stories is boring just because you have no creativity and no imagination. Just so you know, more than half the community explicitly enjoy building ships and roleplay stories and I bet that they will agree that combat is not the only fun thing to do in this game.

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    Oops double post please delete mods.
    [doublepost=1474371668,1474369860][/doublepost]
    but your "truth" is just an opinion, a lot of people in the community enjoys building and finds it fun, you don't like building? fine then don't build but you cannot go around saying on behalf of the community that the only fun thing in a sandbox games is the pvp aspect.

Yes I accidentally ignite things sometimes and most of the time I regret it but I cant stand you saying building and making RP ships and stories is boring just because you have no creativity and no imagination. Just so you know, more than half the community explicitly enjoy building ships and roleplay stories and I bet that they will agree that combat is not the only fun thing to do in this game.
    "accidentally" ignite things

Jokes aside:

What you do not seem to understand is that Schine designed this game as a PVP game, whenever that is intentional or not I am not sure.

Everything you do on any server or any singleplayer world leads to PVP

The only things ships are good for in this game is shooting other ships and mining to get more of those ships, why else do we have lots of weapons but no modules for exploration or other aspects of space games, a wise man named Bobbybighoof once said "Sure you can spend months designing the thing, but at the end of the day, its a ship that shoots"

So even if my facts are just "opinions" they are justified opinions backed up by facts.

So, seeing as you have "accidently" ignited things and dragged this thread off topic I am going to put this back on topic and say that this game until more content can be added for other types of play, it is a PVP game and this is what should be focused on until content for other types of players can be added.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I support the idea fully. However, some things would need to stay non-inverse, such as FP loss on death and the ability to claim systems when at negative FP needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think that the inverse config would actually hurt the player base, as it forces everyone to be dedicated to PvP instead of treating it as a casual thing. What I prefer to do is relax and design ships, then go out and test them in some fun friendly PvP. Otherwise it starts feeling like more of a job than a game, at which point you start considering why play a game that you don't enjoy?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How about give us more FP manipulation options in the configs? This way we can set more things to either drain or increase FP each turn. I say everything that has a drain version should have an increase version and vice versa so we have a ton of things to screw with. :) Set them to 0 for their amount and they neither drain nor increase.