Reverse Engineering

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The ability to combine blueprint data.

For example, you defeat a pirate ship and take it back to your shipyard for analysis. The ship was heavily damaged so maybe only one-third of its design is known and saved to a blueprint. Over many subsequent engagements you're able to bring back the previously unknown parts of the ships and combine them with the initial blueprint/projection, now you have a complete ship schematic in your shipyards data banks!

This can kinda be achieved by copy/pasting the ship wrecks together but I think this would add some RP value, perhaps.... being able to possess partial designs and such.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    so really you mean "Add broken blueprints as a loot drop, allow shipyards to combine broken blueprints"?

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No, I still think you should have to bring the ship wrecks to a shipyard and create the blueprints yourself..... I dont particularly care for having blueprints as loot unless it's coming from a station or something.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    No, I still think you should have to bring the ship wrecks to a shipyard and create the blueprints yourself..... I dont particularly care for having blueprints as loot unless it's coming from a station or something.
    So pretty much something you can already do, but combine a series of broken designs to make a complete working one?

Okay, thats worth a thought if so.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like this.
    Essentially a Treasure hunt,
    A player may defeat a pirate and find e.g "Raptor Blueprint 1/4"
    Vist a planet; defeat some more pirates and then you can combine the "Raptor Blueprint" peices into a whole blueprint that can be used any number of times.

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No, I'm just sayin "combine blueprint 1 with blueprint 2" if both blueprints are of the same model, and without needing to physically copy/paste the blocks around.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    No, I'm just sayin "combine blueprint 1 with blueprint 2" if both blueprints are of the same model, and without needing to physically copy/paste the blocks around.
    exactly

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The ability to combine blueprint data.

For example, you defeat a pirate ship and take it back to your shipyard for analysis. The ship was heavily damaged so maybe only one-third of its design is known and saved to a blueprint. Over many subsequent engagements you're able to bring back the previously unknown parts of the ships and combine them with the initial blueprint/projection, now you have a complete ship schematic in your shipyards data banks!

This can kinda be achieved by copy/pasting the ship wrecks together but I think this would add some RP value, perhaps.... being able to possess partial designs and such.
    Yeah that would be very cool. I like taking isanths for fun, and this would make it a lot cooler.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Yeah that would be very cool. I like taking isanths for fun, and this would make it a lot cooler.
    I once had a couple of busted up Isanths as templates and turned them into the basis of a cobbled together starter space station!

I'd read a sci fi short story that used this idea (although it was a couple of broken ships on a planet surface) and thought it would be pretty unique.

I do like the blueprint merge idea too. I too have collected Isanths for fun and having a way to piece together wrecks could be interesting.

Reactions: OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I once had a couple of busted up Isanths as templates and turned them into the basis of a cobbled together starter space station!

I'd read a sci fi short story that used this idea (although it was a couple of broken ships on a planet surface) and thought it would be pretty unique.

I do like the blueprint merge idea too. I too have collected Isanths for fun and having a way to piece together wrecks could be interesting.
    Yeah cool.