Reverse Connection Block

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I haven't heard anything about multi-C-selection being implemented, so in case that is too hard to implement, I wanted to recommend a new logic block that implements an alternative way to connect multiple masters to a single slave block with less effort.

You slave this connection-reversal block to the block that will be a slave block to multiple master blocks. This makes the future-slave block into a current-master block of the connection-reversal block. Then you slave all the multiple future-master blocks to this connection-reversal block.

When you activate the connection-reversal block, it sets up a connection between its multiple slaves and its single master in reverse direction, so that the single master becomes a single slave to the multiple master blocks. The connection-reversal block, having completed its task, removes all slave/master relationships to itself, and deletes itself from the current design.

With this block, you now have a logical way to slave a single block to multiple masters all at once, using existing functionality, plus a new behind-the-scenes block-relationship function.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JumpSuit and kiddan

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I haven't heard anything about multi-C-selection, so in case that is too hard to implement, I wanted to recommend a new logic block that implements an alternative way to connect multiple masters to a single slave block with less effort.

You slave this connection-reversal block to the block that will be a slave block to multiple master blocks. This makes the future-slave block into a current-master block of the connection-reversal block. Then you slave all the multiple future-master blocks to this connection-reversal block.

When you activate the connection-reversal block, it sets up a connection between its multiple slaves and its single master in reverse direction, so that the single master becomes a single slave to the multiple master blocks. The connection-reversal block, having completed its task, removes all slave/master relationships to itself, and deletes itself from the current design.

With this block, you now have a logical way to slave a single block to multiple masters all at once, using existing functionality, plus a new behind-the-scenes block-relationship function.
    I already sorta made a thread about that here https://starmadedock.net/threads/shift-c-to-mass-select-blocks.31040/

Reactions: jayman38

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've often wished for this too. I can't see why we couldn't simply do V then C on a block that is not already selected for anything.
    Then you would apply the same rules as C then V to allow for multiple master select.

Reactions: Arcaner and kiddan