Suggestion Restart posting news threads here

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Starmade.org is not a site that most of the community visits. It's a landing page for new people.

Please continue posting the news here as well. It's better that way. We can even get email notifications when you do so.

Right now, I, and I'm sure others are too, am relying on RSS bots to notify me of new posts.

Out of all the shitty things you've done recently, this isn't very high on the list. But still.

There's no point not making a post to quell discussion/arguments, they'll happen anyway.

Reaction score
    ✔

And what happened with Dev Blogs and more communication as has been promised countless times?

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Has there been a news post since the forums came back online? I can't remember exactly what day that happened.

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I feel like I'm probably preaching to the choir here. Schine's had absolutely terrible PR as of late. The forums going down without notice, the new moderation policy that soft-mutes new members (I don't see that in the notes anywhere guys), along with the general lack of communication overall, have been stains on an already mediocre record. I've offered my services as both moderator and tester (see my CV in the intro thread), and haven't head back on either count.

YMMV, but I don't expect much going forward.

Schine, as a team, you need to communicate better with your community. Alpha game or otherwise. We're not in the day and age of developers hiding behind corporate secrecy anymore. A game is made, or broken, by it's community. If that's not your strong point, reach out to people in the community, like you did with the counsel to bridge that gap. This isn't a big community, there are less than 100 users/day playing steam on steam charts.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes, the next news posts will be posted on SMD.

If they can't do it or don't have the time please just say!
    Agreed.

the new moderation policy that soft-mutes new members
    Good catch. Looks like the notice informing users they need 5 approved posts to have full posting permissions wasn't displaying (similar notice to warning moderated). I've fixed that now.

I've offered my services as both moderator and tester (see my CV in the intro thread), and haven't head back on either count
    You received an automatic PM when posting your application for moderation. Yes, we've received your application. I will send a PM to you now.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yes, the next news posts will be posted on SMD.

#BestDev
    Thank you for replying!! We really appreciate that you took the time to address our concerns.
    I doubt anyone would mind if the 'Friendly' emote slipped back in :P

Reactions: JinM