Request: To any of you that have a working...

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone in the community that is using an old build of SMEdit that still works and functions like it used to. I still have an old build of starmade that worked with it, but I do not have the functioning SMEdit edit files that worked with it, as I have recently upgraded to a 64bit OS ,some stuff I missed and did not save a backup. If you could point me to a link or pm me with a link it would be much appreciated as I am doing Babylon 5 and have the parts done in blender and I already binvox'd them, I just need SMEdit to import it and convert to a blueprint. :) Thank you for your time.
    ~MrSinister

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    http://www.lazygamerz.org/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=204

here you go. You will need to basically drop these files in your StaMade folder and just click on the "smedit" jar file to run it. Before you run it you will need to check the ".josm" file found in your "C:/user/????/" folder where the "????" is the user that is logged in on the computer. THat all is if your using windows os.

You will need to edit that file and it can be opened and edited as a text document. Just make sure it is saved back as ".josm" before you do anything else. What you will need to make sure is edited or pointing to the right place is the line that tells you where starmade is installed. Make sure that the text line is pointing to the old game files something like this

starmade.home=C\:\\Users\\????\\Desktop\\games\\Starmade\\StarMade_new\\StarMade

this is the folder that smedit will look into to find the jo_sm jar file to run.

Hope this helps

Reactions: mrsinister

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ahh , ok thank you very much ,and yes I am using win 7 64bit ultimate :)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    And I just tested it, works like a charm!! :) again, thank you very much....and may I add... I look forward to your SMEdit2