(Relatively) Simple Three Floor Elevator Demo

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was installing one of these in my new station and thought to myself, "Self, I bet somebody out there would like to know how to do this!"

So, here we are. A relatively simple build to make a three floor elevator, where you can choose which of the other two floors you want to go to, as well as having a separate call button.

starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg
    Call button (left of elevator in demo) would be placed outside the elevator. Floor buttons (right of elevator in demo) would be placed inside the shaft, say on the back or side wall. So hit call button, walk into elevator, press floor button, off you go!

The logic can be expanded upon fairly easily for more floors, as long as you can keep all the pipes from distracting you. Its basically just a standard 2 floor elevator, but with an added sideways rail for the middle floor, and some added AND blocks to determine which way the main rail is facing.

So if you're on the middle floor and you hit the up button, it checks "Is the rest of the rail already pointing up? If so, just change the sideways rail to up. If the rest of the rail is facing down, just toggle everything up." Same for going down.

Call buttons work on much the same logic. If the rail is facing in the way it should already be moving, just toggle the sideways piece that has it stopped. If its not already facing the way it should, then toggle everything. Center call button is just "toggle everything" because whichever floor the elevator is on, the entire rail must already be pointing that direction.

.sment for the demo ship is attached.

Attachments

Last edited: