Reintroduce Ion Effect

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While most old effects are pretty meh, Ion effect has many good uses. Once they nerf BM a tonne, we will once again need a weapon for shield busting. I have always like in Star Wars how they have those ion cannons and torpedoes and stuff like that, and I hate how we don't have it anymore. Ion probably would not be too hard to re-add because the effect system is intact.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    While most old effects are pretty meh, Ion effect has many good uses. Once they nerf BM a tonne, we will once again need a weapon for shield busting. I have always like in Star Wars how they have those ion cannons and torpedoes and stuff like that, and I hate how we don't have it anymore. Ion probably would not be too hard to re-add because the effect system is intact.
    The Devs have yet to roll out all the changes they have planned for the current damage types. So, maybe wait until the Universe Update.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    honestly im in favor of the star wars style ion effect. It could open up some interesting builds if there was a penalty for running out of power. Say the way you are left vulnerable for a few seconds after overheating in mechwarrior games.

Reactions: OfficialCoding

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since when is B/M is the only weapon combo that does good shield damage?

On a side note, looking beyond all the falsehood in OfficialCoding’s interpretation of the weapons system, low damage chambers do need a pretty solid counter now that XBB or XCB or any logic driven weapons are out of the equation (and B/B on turrets now takes your shields away as well :/ ). So maybe some kind of decent weapon against shields should be implemented in one way or the other

Jebediah1

FlyingZeene_TNT, Emperor of NRE. (Scipio)
    Reaction score
    1. Didn't you just make another post a few days ago talking about how you want to keep unbalanced weapons in the game with no nerfs because "realistically there would be unbalanced weapons"

2. Ion already exists it's called EM. The reason why nobody uses it is because it only does 1.5x damage like all other effects in the game. So it's more mass conservative to just have more Primary/secondary then primary/secondary/slave.

3. How the fuck is nerfing b/m going to effect EM usage.... you know how slaves work...... right?

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1. Didn't you just make another post a few days ago talking about how you want to keep unbalanced weapons in the game with no nerfs because "realistically there would be unbalanced weapons"

2. Ion already exists it's called EM. The reason why nobody uses it is because it only does 1.5x damage like all other effects in the game. So it's more mass conservative to just have more Primary/secondary then primary/secondary/slave.

3. How the fuck is nerfing b/m going to effect EM usage.... you know how slaves work...... right?
    Yeah I know how slaves work. I played pre Weapons update. I was saying after BM is nerfed we will need a shield busting weapon. I should have phrased my suggestion more concisely. I want a dedicated ion weapon that deals no damage to the actual entity, just drops shields. Like in Star Wars ion weapons just knock out power and shields.