Reduce jump height on artificial gravity

yay nay

• yay

Votes: 8 66.7%
    • nay

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    If not allow straight control over gravity. It just seems really weird to have really high ceilings and still hit your head every jump. why in minecraft a 2 high house never feels right. If it could be turned down to 2 or 3 then I would feel a lot more natural and less claustrophobic in ship enviorments.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I find it nice to be able to jump so high. Especially when stuck in a holes and such. You can't place blocks too far away from yourself, so jumping high helps you reach higher to place steps for getting out.

You can just let-go of the jump key sooner, as painful as it (actually) sounds.

Having grav module settings would be preferable. That way you can have areas where you can jump high (practical) and areas where you jump lower (comfortable).

Reaction score
    Yea the standard jump always seemed a little excessive to me. I don't think they should tone it down though, until they provide a way to move around better as an astronaut. Might as well leave it be for now and then scale it back when we have a jetpack or something.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree with this suggestion with the caveat that there should be some astronaut tool like a jump pack or harpoon reel to regain the same effect as the current super-jump. There are plenty of ships out there that rely on the super-jump just to get from one floor to the next.

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    removing the high jump would mean that ALL the ships that exploit it (e.g. decorations ladder where you jump its a necessity in those small fighters that still have 2 stories but not enough space for a staircase or lift

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    I think that the most all-pleasing solution would be putting a little slider on the gravity module to let people pick what kind of gravity they want on there ship. This could also be affected by logic.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think that the most all-pleasing solution would be putting a little slider on the gravity module to let people pick what kind of gravity they want on there ship. This could also be affected by logic.
    The slider could be slaved activators. Would be the same system used for sensors, rail speed, and-the-like.

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    The slider could be slaved activators. Would be the same system used for sensors, rail speed, and-the-like.
    Yeah, that would also help fix the problem with multiple 'r' key uses.