Recycling mod

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've started work on a mod that will allow you to recycle old components that you don't want, as well as excess materials from mining, and get resources out of it.

The plan:
    • One new factory, the scrapper.
      • Converts all manufactured blocks into scrap variants of the ingredients. (and paint for hull blocks)
      • Converts all mining excess into "trace scrap" (1:1)
    • 17 new types of scrap: trace scrap, and one for each crystal and ore type.
    • Changes to micro assembler:
      • No longer turns capsules into mesh/circuits
      • Converts trace scrap into one of each other scrap at 500:1
      • Converts crystal/ore scraps into the appropriate capsule at 5:1

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    It's great to see a bunch of people tackling the blandness of crafting =D

Your scrapper idea is something that is already partially in the game as part of the crafting system, but was never finished for whatever reason.

For each block there is a cubatom consistence( not to be confused with the old numPAD 5 cubatom thing) and there is also an non functioning cubatom splitter factory. I think the original intension was for it to be a recycler that would break blocks back into capsules.

I've asked Calbiri a couple time about it, but have never received a response. Maybe if enough of us bug them about it we get it working =D

It would make it a lot easier then having to manually write scrap recipes for a couple hundred blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Test results: The scrapper does nothing, but the changes to the micro assembler went through.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are You going to make new block with new ID for scrapper or You will change existing factory into it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've tried both and neither seem to be working. Have you gotten custom factories working in your own mod?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can create own recipies but can't create completly new factory blocks.
    Well I don't need totally new blocks because I completly remake crafting system...
    But hoever it would be nice to have multiple processing machines... Alloy smelter, Crusher, Extractor...

BTW there is also unused PlexRecycler block... But Idk how to make it work.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    but can't create completly new factory blocks.
    Well I don't need totally new blocks because I completly remake crafting system...
    But hoever it would be nice to have multiple processing machines... Alloy smelter, Crusher, Extractor...

BTW there is also unused PlexRecycler block... But Idk how to make it work.
    They key here is to modify the StarMade.jar. Not only can one then add completely new mechanics instead of changing the old ones, but one can also unlock the ARCANE SECRETS hidden within the code. Just…don't complain if it doesn't work, and don't report bugs you only experienced there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I think I have the modifications to the code ready, but I ran into a bunch of errors trying to recompile the ofusicated code. Is there a way to only recompile certain files?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Byamarro, Have you managed to get the new recipes working in the game itself doing anything? Because I haven't. And while I think I know how to edit the code to add in a new factory, no decompiler I can find will decomiple it without it turning into a huge mess of errors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While your at it could you possible add a "condenser" (ik they were op) like in the Minecraft Modpack Techit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmmm... as in, you want to turn worthless blocks (like dirt) into blocks worth stuff. That's what the trace scrap is for.
    1 worthless block => 1 trace scrap
    500 trace scrap => 1 of each type of capsule

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    But can you go and turn 1 capsule into 500 trace scrap then worthless block?