Recovering space station from copied blueprint folder

MythrilJelly

Crazy Cat Lady
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Greetings! A while back I was working on a certain few projects, most notably my "SGI Asteroid Laboratory" which was seemingly lost in a clean install. My game was broken, and as such I was unable to export it's WIP blueprint as a sment.

Fast forward to today, I found a copy of the blueprint folder itself, not a sment, but still usable? I was curious if I could somehow use this to put the station back in my hands so I can resume the project. Placing it manually in the Blueprints folder with the Isanths doesn't make it appear with my custom new/previously exported ships, nor are those shown in said folder. Wrong directory?

If there isn't a way to recover this I understand, but if there is I'd like to know even if it is rather tedious. It can't be more tedious than placing countless Sugil block by block in an attempt to make a natural looking asteroid, and then filling it, right? I was just thinking about how nicely my new scout ship would dock on it.

(Edit, also another question, I've been having rendering issues since one of the newer updates that causes "ever changing holes" that increase with distance from those blocks. The holes are not block shaped and are rough and 2d, revealing interior rooms. I'm curious if anyone knows how to reverse this so I can get proper screenshots on builds I wish to upload. Thanks!)

MythrilJelly

Crazy Cat Lady
    Reaction score
    Can you provide the file?
    I suppose I'm a little late aren't I? eek. I have a few backups, I suppose I could throw the latest few in a zip but that might still be pretty large. I'm not sure if a non-exported blueprint or an entity file will work but it's worth a shot if I can find somewhere to upload it. Heck, maybe I can upload it here.

EDIT:

Ended up just grabbing the latest WIP-13 and putting it's folder as a ZIP. Simplicity! If that's not enough, or #13 is broken too, I also have #11.
    Here's the file: Sugil Sanctuary WIP

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not sure if you got this fixed yet, but you could try this...

1. place the blueprint in a zip file
    2. rename the ".zip" extension to ".sment"
    3. import the sment file.

Reaction score
    If you're having the problem I think you are, you might be able to trick the game into doing what you want. When I downloaded the rail update last year it corrupted the game files, making the game unplayable. I was able to save some projects (not all), by creating a new folder away from the Starmade folder. I downloaded a clean copy of the game to the new folder in the same version as the corrupted version (pre-rail), and then copied the folders I wanted into the "blueprints" folder of the clean install. From there I was able to play, and was able to export some of the files into sment files. I then loaded the sment files into a clean install of the rail update.

MythrilJelly

Crazy Cat Lady
    Reaction score
    I'm not sure if you got this fixed yet, but you could try this...

1. place the blueprint in a zip file
    2. rename the ".zip" extension to ".sment"
    3. import the sment file.
    Ah yes, I probably should have updated this the other day. I got a PM with this info, and that was indeed the issue. Didn't know you could actually swap them over to sments that easily but it certainly simplifies things a fair bit.

Thanks everyone!