Recent Observations on Fleet Miner AI

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Some issues with mining fleets right now, since AI is up for work:

1. Individual drones occasionally attempt to fly directly through their target to take up position in the surround formation, resulting in collision.

2. Fleets still often refuse to begin mining without re-logging, and almost always require a re-log before they will execute an order to mine a new sector after they have mined one. This also affects fleets of drones just deployed from a mothership.

3. When finishing one roid in a sector and moving on to the next, some drones will fail to move on but others will mine from near their current positions. They don't seem to re-center their surround formation around the new target.
    [doublepost=1532425031,1532424304][/doublepost]A positive development for the fleet AI is that it seems much better at re-docking a fleet to its carrier. It used to take a minute or more before and sometimes required wiggling around quite a bit, but my latest tests have seen my drones all dock up within 30 seconds and with very little confusion.

Reaction score
    so except for faster docking nothing has changed...

what size is your drones?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    so except for faster docking nothing has changed...

what size is your drones?
    Mmm, well they also dance around a bit less and don't seem to constantly mash into each other anymore, but those are minor differences and I was more focused on performance problems here. I'm mostly hoping anyone else who has specific details regarding fleet mining AI problems (specific items as opposed to "sucks", right?). I bug problems, but I think it's also important to discuss them in forum because sometimes the context of other, related issues provides insight that improves debugging.

I've been testing drones around 50 mass and drones just under 1K mass.