Reactor Design Contest!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello! The DFN welcomes you to the only contest in which you, the builder, design not a ship, but a block of pure energy. I have noticed an extensive number of designs, and want to (along with the entire starmade community) want to know how to build the most effective one.

There are two categories here:

1.) Power per block

2.) Overall output

There are three subsets in the categories, for three different types.

1.) 10x10x10

2.) 50x50x50

3.) 100x100x100

The objective here is to cram as much power into the space provided as humanly possible. The current 1st place holder will be listed under the category and subset.

How to compete:

Must have a screenshot

Must be within the dimensions provided

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    one problem when i make a reactor 50x50x50 i go over the cap of 1 millon on speshal patterns

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The best reactors will always be the ones that contor to a ships design and provide enough power for the ship without being over engeneered.

Reaction score
    i can easilly add a reactor to my battleship. whould this be sufficient? and i will go into the 10x10x10 catagory btw and it will be inside a larger room. does this qualify under the rules of the contest?

Reaction score
    i did the math and in fact that most powerfull of reactors isnt in a ten by ten by ten space its in a 9x9x9 this core provides an easy 2000 power and its regen is unprecedented by using the hollow cube tactic i put many of thes hollow cubes inside one another increasing efficiency ten fold (quite litterally in fact) and becaus eof its power and compactibility i will probably use this design for every ship i build from now on not only have you found your first contestant but you have helped me find the most incredible find... thank you

album and image (ignore the fighter in the backround of the last image):

http://imgur.com/a/fWXnj

oh and just to let you know i didnt put it in a room because then i whould be stuck with a massive room to build.... ill probably put this inside my battleship im building.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s also a very nice design too to look aesthetically pleasing on a ship/station/etc. I might use that for dense power systems myself.

Reaction score
    here is my 10x10x10 power core that i created :D http://imgur.com/a/MddL9

it has 42k power storage and 47.1k e/sec and dont try to replicate it by looking at the outside because there is a complicated pattern on the inside that is diferent than the one on the outside

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Got a 10x10x10 one up to 61k regen then I ran out of powercores and I can\'t seem to get the command to give me any to work and my server deleted the blueprint I had made of powercores for no reasons...

honestly 11x11x11 or 9x9x9 would be a lot better, even numbers leaves a lot of dead space, but I guess you can fill those with shields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    50x50x50 & 100x100x100 would take an insane amount of time. I remember playing with some 10x10x10 designs and them taking around an hour to do by which time I was well fed up. I don\'t know if it\'s been changed, but I remember there was a limit on the maximum amount of e/sec before it started to suffer from diminishing returns.
    Anyway, here\'s some good 10x10x10 designs.

http://star-made.org/content/best-10x10x10-energycube-layout

I believe JaegerKor is currently in the lead with 89462.8 e/sec.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh yeah, 1,000,000 e/sec I think it was, there\'s an interesting thread on that here:
    http://star-made.org/content/challenge-smallest-1000000-powers-reactor
    I believe the smallest for 1,000,000 e/sec is a cube of 23x23x23, Brawndoolz managed to get 1,039,875.9 e/sec out of his which is the most so far for that size.