Reactor axis rotation - the hacxs

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What if I told you the reactor below apparently has Stabilizer groups on 5 different dimensions and 133% stabilization (100% and 33% buffer) as compared to 62% stabilization when the reactor axes has not been rotated to a specific setting?

Something needs to be done.

(As a proof of concept, I've attached the BP. Just set the reactor axis rotation to X = positive 40 degress, Z = negative 45 degrees to get the same result)

Attachments

Reactions: klawxx
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I'd say yeaup... it works better with 8 groups, 4 at each end and a gap of three blocks between the groups, if you do that you get all 6 dimensions when the plains are 45,35,0 depending on which plain the stabs have been placed in. I believe it occupies less volume then the 6 stab as well and it's symmetrical and easier to build around.
    19, 199, 1999 & 19999 below. All with 6 dimensions and over 100% stability with approximately equal number of stabilizer blocks to reactor blocks.
    starmade-screenshot-0254.png

This is my preferred layout these days... at least for long ships. This one is a 199 reactor with 180 stabs.
    starmade-screenshot-0240.png
    Has 3 dimensions and is nice and compact. The stabs at the front can be used as a bit of ablative shielding as well, the reactor above is over 100% stability so theoretically can lose 3/4 of the stabs before power is affected. Works well for AI wars at least.

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    This is Sad... Now we need a fix for the fix... I think we wont be able to withstand a "Power 3.0"...
    [doublepost=1542020751,1542020714][/doublepost]And rebuild AGAIN everything from scratch...

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    What if I told you the reactor below apparently has Stabilizer groups on 5 different dimensions and 133% stabilization (100% and 33% buffer) as compared to 62% stabilization when the reactor axes has not been rotated to a specific setting?

Something needs to be done.

(As a proof of concept, I've attached the BP. Just set the reactor axis rotation to X = positive 40 degress, Z = negative 45 degrees to get the same result)

If you rotate one of those sets of stabs 180% you can get all 6 dimensions btw, not that it matters now that power 2.0 is already dead again (i have 2 ships in cc with that setup)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It is ANOTHER feature which PRO-players CAN use and NEWbies not! =D
    Just like the compact-reactors of old days...

Note: Maybe someone makes a secret project ship to force bloody newbies using their own cheaper / more efficient designs to remain competitive. when they don't know about this trick jet.

Reaction score
    Wow a thing which everyone has been doing since power 2.0 dropped and is one of the major contributing factors to all those players leaving.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wow a thing which everyone has been doing since power 2.0 dropped and is one of the major contributing factors to all those players leaving.
    Or joining.

If I compare "accumulating knowledge for SM" versus "stupid grinding in other games", I prefer prior.

Reaction score
    yes, and this is easier then those overly complicated power snakes … (I meant this as sarcasm for those that didn't catch it)
    what bugs me is that I cant cramp this into my design ships without sacrificing allot of potential power