Rails question

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I have been trying to make a shuttle elevator on a ship I am building similar to the design in the picture. I was curious if it was just general functionality that wouldn't allow the ship to make the transition from the platform to the rails on the ship, if I had done it incorrectly, or if this was a feature that was going to be fixed in the future. I'm a newbie at rails, so I put it to the community. Thanks guys!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    indeed, what plusnine said. however rails transitioning between entities is planned.

in the mean time rail docked entities can transition from horizontal movement to vertical and vise versa provided they rail docker has enough clearance

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    yeah, you ought to be able to get it to switch directions if you build it properly. also, powered a rail block from outside the system will give it the same old 'undock' command you could give the old system.

if you add a wirelss connection from the main ship so the platform knows when it has reached its apex, you can make a really nice theatrical undock sequence for it, a la: http://i.imgur.com/M1jRqNX.webm