Rail Undock Logic - Bug or Ignorance

Reaction score
    Hi guys,

I've been playing the game on and off for a few years now and after a long pause, I thought I'd give it a try with the new power system.

So here I am trying to simply undock a ship using a button.
    "C" on the Activation Module
    "V" on the Basic Rail

Activate the Activation Module and my ship stays docked...I'm not sure what is going on. Can anybody help?
    I've tried to use a simple Activation Module, I've tried an Inner Ship remote, the Wireless module, I've tried sending the signal from a Gate instead of a Button and other activated module.
    The wiki clearly states that a "high signal will undock any docked entities"...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Reaction score
    is per chance your activation module/button or whatever you use directly adjacent to the rail? then it will not undock.
    if you place a logic block adjacent to a rail block and connect it to the rail block the high signal will change the rail block to the one the logic block is adjacent to.

if you want to undock something you have to place the logic block somwhere it does not touch any rail blocks.

Reaction score
    is per chance your activation module/button or whatever you use directly adjacent to the rail? then it will not undock.
    if you place a logic block adjacent to a rail block and connect it to the rail block the high signal will change the rail block to the one the logic block is adjacent to.

if you want to undock something you have to place the logic block somwhere it does not touch any rail blocks.
    It's a good question I should have specified in my Original post...It is not adjacent to the rail block.
    upload_2018-2-27_16-35-40.png
    upload_2018-2-27_16-37-9.png

Reaction score
    then it could be a bug related to the recent change tha makes docked ships stop from undocking when the docks get destroyed.

i just tested it...
    works just fine for me.
    starmade-screenshot-0015.png entety got undocked when i activated the activation module

the only thing i noticed that changed is: the undocked entity does not get pushed away when undocked.

think you need a shootout rail when you want it to moove away when you undock it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering the ping spike on your last screenshot i think yours got undocked too and the ping spike indicates colission calculation as a result of the undocking.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Agame3