Recognized by Council Rail Turret Axis Wedge

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey, I don't know if this has been suggested before, so I apologize if it has, but I was thinking it might be nice to have Rail Turret Axes in wedge form, so you could mount turrets on slopes. It would make turret placement on flat, sloped capital ship surfaces much easier.

I don't know if that would be really difficult for collision detection, just thought I'd throw it out there! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Reactions: FlyingDebris

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    That would have saved me soooooo much trouble on this build.
    Lukwan's_Fleet_Submission_1
    I turned the core on a 45 degree angle just to get those turrets on the shoulders to sit at 45 degrees. No symmetry mode to help so...lots of duplication in the build.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WalkerGain
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I would love the ability to have wedge rails, turret rails, and all sorts of other wedge mayhem. Though it would make one of my designs that I'm working on somewhat silly and useless but oh well.

Reaction score
    Yeah, wedge rails (Of all sorts) would be really nice. They'd be right up there with weapons, they'd be so nice an addition.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, wedge rails (Of all sorts) would be really nice. They'd be right up there with weapons, they'd be so nice an addition.
    Oh yeah, I should have thought about rails as a whole! I only had the turrets in mind when I posted, haha.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hey, I don't know if this has been suggested before, so I apologize if it has, but I was thinking it might be nice to have Rail Turret Axes in wedge form, so you could mount turrets on slopes. It would make turret placement on flat, sloped capital ship surfaces much easier.

I don't know if that would be really difficult for collision detection, just thought I'd throw it out there! Thanks!
    You can use turrets on a 45% angle if you use a rail rotator and attach another entity to it with a turret axis on it

Reaction score
    Yeah, you can, but it's much simpler and easier to just add in a different turret axis....think of all the possibilities...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Also.... hepta turret rail... or is it tetra? I can't keep the names straight. and as for what mox1974 stated, yes we can. But its annoying. If you want to see an example of it being done to the extreme, look up my MDP Turret Ball on the dock. Currently building a new one that should lag less when blown apart. A lot less...

BUT If we had this suggestion implemented, then there would be no lag from my turret balls. I wouldn't have to worry about some of my armor on the main portion of the "Ball" not being shield protected after 50% shields are gone. and overall it just makes designing things easier and less annoying.

Reaction score
    How on earth do you even use a hepta rail axis? What? Neither a hepta nor a tetra has enough space on the sides that make them heptas/tetras for another block to sit in and rotate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I never said I knew how it might work.... I just thought it would be sweet.

But thinking about your question, Why wouldn't it work? you just tilt the turret by 45 then another 45 in a diff direction. IF the turret has room to sit with its docker on top of that block, it could in theory be doable. No idea what it might take from a programming standpoint though. AND if it were not to be done, I wouldn't be disappointed.