Read by Schine Rail rotator - Logical blocks interaction

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I have noticed ( rail rotator ), these blocks specifically only interact with buttons or activation module, and could be very interesting to give them the possivility to interact with other logic blocks.

For example, if we want to make a rotator rail always spin, we must put a button next to:

But instead of using buttons or activation modules, we could use other logical blocks. For example:

... but logical blocks dont interact with rail rotators Y_Y

The main improvement is the rail rotator could spin more faster, and the player systems dont need to "wait" 0.5 seconds to "test" if the signal is send or not ... and some logic systems need a fast signal because the limit of 0.5 seconds is too slow for some situations and builds ... and it can give to players a greater accuracy when moving their structures.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Not sure that I understood that last part, but I'll make sure to show it to someone that does :P. Tbh, that suggestion applies to all rail types.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Not sure that I understood that last part, but I'll make sure to show it to someone that does :p. Tbh, that suggestion applies to all rail types.
    sorry for my bad english Y_Y

yess.. i mean, do all kind of rail blocks interact with logic blocks, not only buttons and activation modules

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I wouldn't want all logic blocks to take a signal out of a rail. This would make compacting some circuits more difficult as you could never place any logic block next to the rail without fear of a passing entity changing a signal.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Sven is right. The reason certain logic blocks do not take signals from rails is because they have specific rules. Those rules could be ignored if they are next to a rail. It would be nice, but it could also break a ton of stuff for a lot of other circuits and rail systems people have setup. This will have to be discussed.