Rail docker signal question.

Reaction score
    I made a new mining drone and decided to try and use the logic signal emitted by the rail docker to flip on a timed signal to a push effect computer. the end point of that system works fine with a t-flip flop chaining some delays and being turned off by the final delay. Where i am getting stumped is when the rail docker sends a signal to a button or activation module it winds up getting reset to its default position not the position i put it in. Is there a way to take the signal from it without having it rotate on me?

its setup like...

RD----- button/AM-------Tflipflop---Delay---Delay---Delay.
    /\ \/
    ------------------------------

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    can you put a picture here, making an outline of your logical system please? I think I know what happens, but as I always thought, a picture is worth a thousand words

Reaction score

this is the setup. I think that when the final delay turns off the t-flip flop and the activator its making the rail docker reset somehow. Is there a better circuit to use for this timing chain?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Is your activator linked to the rail block? That would cause the problem. Since your description indicates that you are toggling the flip-flop, and using delays to toggle it back, it is possible you might be sending an instant pulse signal through your activator, causing unintended behavior. If this is the case, then you should make sure that the activator is not connected to the rail (they still toggle) and perhaps make the connection one-way going to the t-flip-flop.

Reaction score
    I do have the activator slaving the rail docker to pickup the signal from the rail docker to use that as the starting signal for the t flipflop sequence. I need help figuring out a way to make that signal from the rail docker one way only. Will the activator pick up a signal as long as it is beside something without slaving it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As long as your activation modal is next to the rail, it will get a signal anytime something moves onto that rail. You do not need to slave the rail to the activation block. Also don't slave any other rails to it unless you want them to fact the same way the rail its touching is facing.

Reaction score
    Thank you very much. That is going to help a great deal moving forward in logic systems. now i can get the auto launching drone to work. As soon as i can im going to take some pictures and upload it to the forums.