Bug Rail docker orientation changes on logic undock

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi All,

Noticed something strange when trying out a container concept. I thought it would be a great idea to dock cargo containers to a shipyard and use those as storage for building ships there.
    Well, when docking the container for the first time all is well, the trouble starts when I un-dock the container by using a button on the container linked to the rail docker to give an un-dock pulse. When I do that the rail docker un-docks, but at the same time is rotated to, what I presume, is its initial position in the game block file, never to be able to dock again. It took me a few hours to realize this was the cause for a message that there wasn't room to dock when I tried to dock at the same spot again. ;)

ready to dock, button (top) linked to rail docker using C and V

after pressing the button all un-docks, but watch what happened to the rail docker by pressing the button as well....

Unless I'm missing something here this sure must be a bug and I'm curious no one has caught on to this before?

Greets,

Jan

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Obviously I didn't search with the right keywords then. ;)

Anyway, good to see it's reported already, thanks.

Greets,

Jan

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've seem this with logic rail dockers, they are suppose to simply undock but they've always flipped when sent a logic signal but normally they flip back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hm, maybe that happens when you are in the core of the entity to be un-docked, in this case one obviously isn't. The workaround in this case is to detach the docked container by sending a pulse to the rail block, that does work without any flipping of blocks, but is not really usable when there is not one container docked and there are one or more on top of this one...

Greets,

Jan

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Seems to me the rail docker might have it's dock, and undock facing states mixed up because it has only ever looked like that when in its undock state.