Questions about server configuration

Reaction score
    Hello everyone!
    I would like to set up a server but I would like to change a few things which I'm not sure where and how should I do it.
    Firstly, localized resources. It would be nice if not all of the resources would be available (or just not in much quantity) in different systems, to give a bit more reason to trading and/or conflict.
    Second, although this one might be a bit more trivial, where can I find info about how to set up npc factions, their ships and spawn places? (And perhaps territories for them like for the players)
    So yeah, that is all. But also I'd love to hear some suggestions that you guys think would spice up the server for a small community. Thank you!

Reaction score
    Hmm, well, for localized resources, not all systems in an universe are on equal standing. Some systems already have more resources than others, while yet others are actually void systems, without much of anything then empty space. Therefore available resources usually depend on where the players set up their home bases. Seasoned players usually go about finding a system suitable for their needs, with abundant resouces (usually multiple asteroid fields (inner, middle and outer yellow rings on the map) and a few planets), so they don't need to go shopping for everything as long as they know how to set up efficient factories.

---

As for NPC factions, at the moment there are no actual NPC factions in-game yet, and players cannot set up their own NPC factions. The planned NPC factions are still in development and not yet implemented in-game at all. Therefore, the information in setting them up is not available just yet. The only "NPC factions" in game at the moment are the trade guild and the pirates, both of which are hard-coded into the game and not actually user-configurable at all. This will probably change when the actual NPC factions are implemented in game and the old hard-coded Trade guild and pirates are removed.

As to when this will happen is still under speculation (any future update may contain the basics of NPC factions and it might not be the next one in line, it will happen SOON as it usually does when it comes to the development schedule). As far as I know, the devs are starting with the trade guild and subsequent updates will probably add more factions and fine-tune the factions in-game, once they start really getting into the groove.

Reaction score
    You can always admin spawn stations in to create zones for pirates.

Resource distribution, as stated above, is variable already, but hard coded.

You could always spawn in stashes of goods though. Buried space treasure, as it were.