Question about microassembler recipes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but is there a file that lets me alter the recipes in the microassembler (specifically the scrap required to make mesh or composite). Also, while I have edited the names and descriptions of a few blocks, I have noticed the new stats and factory recipes are in full force but the names and descs are still the originals. Is there a second place I need to be looking for those?

Thank you for any attention you can give to these questions.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I don't believe there is a line for this in the server config file, but that would be the place to look. Not everything in the game is moddable at this point in time.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I remember seeing a folder called customblockbehavior or something like that. I'm not sure how it works, but that might be what you're looking for.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey, Micro--thanks for the pointer. I found it! I have had problems with the custom config files, so I went into the main blockconfig.xml file. Turns out, at the very very bottom, are the crafting, capsule, and microassembly recipes. I had not gone far enough as I thought I they were all unused blocks, at that point. Now I can introduce something approximating an actual economy to my server. Still no clue as to why names and descriptions are being ignored, though. Which kinda sucks--I was handwaving the "old" and "new" power systems as two different technologies that are incompatible with one another.