(QoL) Simplify ore/crystal names

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Something a bit of a tiny, insignificant problem, really. It's just a little hard for me to keep track of all 24 names of Asteroid, Ores, and Crystals.

I'd suggest collapsing Ore and Crystal names into just 8 of the more memorable names, like this:
    • Parseen (white)
    • Nocx (black)
    • Mattise (red)
    • Varat (blue)
    • Fertikeen (green)
    • Threns (yellow)
    • Sintyr (Orange)
    • Rammet (purple)
    Seems pretty easy to do since it's just a config change.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Do you mean have the ore/crystal have the same name for the same colour?
    Example, Parseen ore and crystal are both white, removing Sapsun?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It does make it easier to visualize and remember.
    Might have a wee bit of impact on things like the Devs changing things in game like recipe charts, tutorials, Wiki updates, videos on YouTube etc.

I guess the removed names could then be reused for new resources.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    You have a visual chart. I do not see the issue. O____o

Reaction score
    I find it more confusing to remember which or is in which asteroid and where in a sector that asteroid would be. 24 different kinds of resources isn't bad in my opinion. I think have the 3 kinds of material have the same name would be more confusing.

I like the chart I might have to print that out and put it on my wall.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree with the suggestion. Most players will simply remember the color, so if the names are unified, that will help players make decisions and not waste time on incorrect blocks.

Reaction score
    Wait, did you say that it's only a config change?
    Seems pretty easy to do since it's just a config change.
    I never realized spending time and energy into making a block was able to be completely erased from the place where you change things like weapons damage or sector size. It not like they make something in the factories, or you know are able to be made into wedges or anything. It's totally true that things like macet 1/4 or fertikeen motherboards don't exist. And it's also true that no hard-code calls upon them to do stuff, since if we can change the name in the configs it's going to rewrite all the game's code to refer to each and every renamed block as the same exact thing, even though multiple variables with the same name will be different, which totally won't confuse the game engine or whatever. Can you show me the config options you have to get this all to happen, since if it's only a config change anyone should be able to do it and it should work perfectly fine.

Edit: I'm not trying to say it's necessarily a bad idea, just to watch what you say. If you were able to change the name of something in the config, then you'd likely need to rewrite parts of the actual code too, since renaming something to be something else does not go over well with anything. For example, when I say pie I don't mean the number or the People In the East, I mean the food. Hence why the food is spelt pie, the number is spelt Pi, and the acronym is spelt P.I.E.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sounds like it would be pretty confusing with three different kinds of resource, each used for different things, all with the same name, don't you think? I don't agree that this would improve my quality of life in the game, personally. Would make it worse if anything.

However, I would like to see resource generation rearranged to look like this.

In fact, here's a thread for it.

Better Asteroid-Resource Matches