Puzzled by default permissions when saving blueprints

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello All,

The following described behavior is not a recent change, it happened a few updates ago, but somehow it starts to annoy me now. ;)

When I start a new single player survival world/universe the permissions for all available blueprints are for all users. That's fine, being an Admin in single player you can easily remove the enemy permission for those that aren't supposed to be used by pirates.

What does start to annoy me though is when I build a ship or station and create a blueprint of it in the survival world, the permissions of that new saved blueprint default to use by enemy only. Without Admin rights I could not even use my own created ships myself in this situation as design.

This has made me wonder if there's a setting somewhere that can be applied to get the default initial permission settings I want?
    In other words, is there an entry in the *.cfg files somewhere that lets me set the permission check marks that are checked by default on saving a blueprint?

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    So your saying that when you try and save a ship normally is single player it gets save as "enemy usable" only and your locked out of using through the normal blueprint menue?

I have not encounter that myself... I would assume that is some kind of bug...

There is a "blueprint enemy by default = true/false" in the config. By default it is set to true. Try changing it to false and see if that fixes it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, that's exactly what happens, the only checked box is enemy usable.

I've seen the four entries for default settings of the blueprints in the server.cfg, those are all set to true, but I think those settings only apply to the blueprints that are available at the first load of a new world. At least that seems to have happened with the blueprints at the start of the new world, those are all available to all four options.

The enemy only thing only happens with blueprints one saves yourself new in the world. I have been looking if there are settings for that too, but if there are I can't find them.

Greets,

Jan

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, there is no checkbox for "Me Only", because if you saved the blueprint you always have access to it. The other checkboxes are only for Faction (only faction members can use it), Home (can only be obtained from your faction home base shop), and Other (meaning public access, everybody can get it from any shop). And the hidden Enemy tag that only admin can see, of course.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, at least setting the enemy usable to false in the server.cfg got rid of the check enemy usable when saving a blueprint.
    Now the puzzle is why all other options are unchecked too while those three are set to true in the server.cfg. ;)

Greets,

Jan