Prospective Returning Player: What's new, how do I do it?

Reaction score
    Hey guys, I've been away from this game for quite some time now. I stopped playing very shortly after the new texture packs were added. For the old timers, basically around the time that the DFN faction fell apart.

I was just wondering, what is new, and more importantly, where can I find guides to this new content. Thank you in advance.

(Very few will probably remember this, but my old account was called Legolas170, for anybody who is curious)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You might want to start and just read up on Schema's new versions posts on the home page.

But you can also check here:

StarMade

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You will want to start with Bench's Logic Tutorials. I think this is the companion thread.
    From there, you probably want to continue on with Sven's Logic Tutorials.
    After that, you probably want to access the game's Tutorial, which should take you to a space station automatically. Look around. If there are a bunch of NPC astronauts below you, then that means they fell through the station before it materialized. If they are mostly on the same level with you (especially that first NPC), then you are good to go. But if they fell through, the tutorial won't do you any good and you can exit back to the main game.
    I have not yet seen the new tutorial videos, so I can't really speak to those.
    Rotor Tutorial Entity Download
    Tutorial Ship Download
    Turret Tutorial Entity Download
    You may find Drakkart's Tutorials helpful.
    For a detailed discussion on making working elevators, this thread looks interesting.
    Here is a Wiki page that generally describes how weapon slaving will effect your weapon systems. Even if it's not entirely accurate, it can give you a push in the right direction.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    That's what I made this for...enjoy.

Basic Day-1 Tutorial Ship

There is very little logic in this museum but it may help to have some block-descriptions layed out in a visual format. Good for an overview just to refresh what things look like now. This was made before Cargo&Fleets. Skip the perimeter and go straight to the middle.

Reactions: jayman38