Progressive Talk about ways to play this game with fun.

Reaction score
    Introduction and rules for this thread

I think everyone could play this game perfectly and have fun at the moment. I want to talk about ways how to play Starmade and make it a good time.

Ranting about all the ways how the game at the moment does not appeal to you, are not welcomed in this topic. I know building or playing this game at all doesn't sound so much fun for a part of the guys here.

It is also forbidden to ask for new game features or even make wishes for them in this topic. In this thread belong solutions that work right now (and in the stable build) only! Go to the suggestions forum or the other 10 ranting threads to build sandcastles instead please.

Feel free to post you own ideas
    Suggestions and ideas don't have to be around pvp or servers, or bounding rules to any gamestyle. RP is possible. If you try to, you even could make some quest systems with the logic on stations. I just want to read some nice stuff, because reading all this negative topics recently doesn't really cut it for me.

My thoughts for ways to play
    -they are in no way finished or are meant to be written in stone. I am open for any suggestions and didn't make up my mind allready. They are just a scratch I want to refine. Just take it as some brainstorming.

I think this game works on multiplayer servers, even in pvp. We are just not creative enough to make some rules about how to build and with what weapon systems to fight. The rules are neccessary, because there are some bugs and unbalanced stuff.

Let's call it small scale pvp rules:

I think I would have the fun of my life, if I could participate in a match with the following setup: 5 fighters of max mass 300, and one flagship of max mass 2000; maximum flagship dimensions: 100x50x50 Every ship needs to have 30% of his inner space to be free, and stuffed with RP things like walkways. Docked armor: forbidden. Docked mega turrets that are bigger than 10% of the ship: forbidden. Missile spammers or every ship that has more than 20 simulatenous weapon outputs at one time: forbidden (that means you can have more weapon outputs but they are not allowed to fire at the same time, 40 outpouts are totally fine including turrets). Ugly bricks: forbidden. Abusing inbalanced undiscovered weapon or build tactics that screw up the tactical depth of battles by making them unbalanced: forbidden.

And all of a sudden I had a game I really would enjoy to play.

And when this small scale pvp works out, and I or someone else would have the opportunity to get some data, we could talk about how to make rules for bigger scale pvp with bigger figthers.

Benefits to play like I suggested:
    -Smaller build times
    -higher quality builds by having less space to focus in more details
    -playable pvp without lags
    -small battle times of around 20 minutes
    -players that can't invest so much time into building ships can join with their own small fighters or even flagships, building one takes around one week give or take
    -with this you also have more players who can participate, because the entry level is low
    -data for combat to improve the alpha state game
    -if your ships are very small, and play you in vanilla where you have to mine your stuff, you can fight the whole day and are not so worried about loosing reccources

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

-Give everyone DOOM CUBES
    -Aggressive hostile people only!
    -Builders who only care about looks or interiors are not allowed!
    -Strict build rules to prevent the server going into meltdown. "performance so ship size and ammount of cores used"
    -pew pew pew

-IT IS FUN!

Reactions: kurosawa
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea JinM, titans might be great to look at but the battles take forever.Also a reason to battle would be great some rp element or unique sector(on the server I frequent i'm the crazy priest questing for tables !) adds a reason for fighting/exploring.

Reaction score

-Strict build rules to prevent the server going into meltdown. "performance so ship size and ammount of cores used"
    -pew pew pew

-IT IS FUN!
    Turn off homebase protecting and up warhead damage
    these 2 put together, i always wanted to see that

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So are you putting together a pvp server, or just rules for other people's servers that you hope they may adopt?

Reaction score

-pew pew pew

-IT IS FUN!
    Why not! =) If you find enough people to join you and you can enjoy this sort of battle over some months until we get some nice update for Starmade. If this sort of stuff appeals to you, there might be others who like it as well.

I just hoped to find some ways or challenges that are good for many people, so they can also be played on servers one day, maybe only as events for a start. Just something different from this vanilla servers that allow too much imho.

I mean my idea is simple: if your ships are very small, and play in vanilla where you have to mine your stuff, you can fight the whole day and are not so worried about loosing reccources.
    [doublepost=1489355617,1489355444][/doublepost]
    So are you putting together a pvp server, or just rules for other people's servers that you hope they may adopt?
    To quote the start post: "I want to talk about ways how to play Starmade and make it a good time."
    My approach would be via pvp in servers, but there are many ways to play this game. You could also use the logic to make some advanced story telling when you go inside a station, or play some nice RP stuff. I did not intend to say that I want to bind the suggestions to pvp.