Problems with a shipyard

Reaction score
    I have been having an issue with the shipyard, where my large ship (about 15000 mass) is loading an immediately unloading in a shipyard I made, that is big enough for it. It also comes up with a message saying that it overlaps with the structure. Which structure does it mean? The shipyard or something else, I did loose connection to the server while editing it and placing and braking the shipyard computer doesn't fix the issue. My two other much smaller designs are working though...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466449661,1466449524][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind! I fixed it by moving the shipyard block by 1
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466450126][/DOUBLEPOST]ok no it stopped working again
    my fixed before didn't actually work because it wasn't working for a different reason and when I reconnected the C of shipyard moduls again, it stopped working and dissapeared. Someone please help!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466450623][/DOUBLEPOST]oh hold on
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466451064][/DOUBLEPOST]ok no it's not working
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466452649][/DOUBLEPOST]I fixed it nvm

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How did you fix it?
    In most cases the server is to busy to load your design. You see it trying to load the design. But then it fails and says design overlaps with structure. Even though you know it does NOT overlap with the structure.

Sometimes loading the design a few times after another will get the Ship Yard to lock it into place. On a Multi player server you just have to wait for a more quiet moment. In single player it could be in case of a large design. That your computer is not strong enough to load the design.

It is also possible that you did not construct the Ship Yard as it should be. There can be no other blocks inside the U's then the Ship Anchor. Note that the Core of your ship sits exactly above the Ship Anchor. So sometimes you have to move your Ship Anchor to get the ship to fit inside the Ship Yard.

As an extra tip. When you have the design loaded and are constructing your ship. Do not leave the sector. If you do not have enough blocks and need to go shopping then command the Ship Yard to cancel the build. Do not leave the sector with a half build ship in the Ship Yard. Sometimes this leads to weird things and you could end up loosing the blocks already used in the construction of the ship.