Problem when increasing Ram

Reaction score
    So, I started playing Starmade again and I tried to increase the ram, I tried changing the three settings to lower and higher values and nothing worked, because if I change the settings there's a visual problem in the game and it doesn't show the blocks, I can still see characters though, but not the blocks, any ideas how to fix this? And yes I have a 64 bit system, I have 8 gb of ram too so I don't really know what's happening.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Without knowing the specifics of your system, I would suggest just leaving it on 4096MB. I've heard (somewhere) that some systems don't like certain values. The Java docs say it needs to be multiples of 1024, so you might try 6144. I also have 8GB RAM and it runs fine with that, but I couldn't notice an appreciable difference, so I just leave it at default.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    So, I started playing Starmade again and I tried to increase the ram, I tried changing the three settings to lower and higher values and nothing worked, because if I change the settings there's a visual problem in the game and it doesn't show the blocks, I can still see characters though, but not the blocks, any ideas how to fix this? And yes I have a 64 bit system, I have 8 gb of ram too so I don't really know what's happening.
    Are you playing the game through Steam? Or did you download it yourself?

Does your launcher look like this?

Reaction score
    I figured it out, the problem was the launcher, turns out I wasn't using the new launcher so it wouldn't work properly.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I figured it out, the problem was the launcher, turns out I wasn't using the new launcher so it wouldn't work properly.
    Working with the new launcher?

If so, that's because we bundle Java and automatically detect appropriate memory settings in the new launcher.