Problem launching dedicated linux server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello. I've run into a slight problem trying to launch the dedicated server on Linux.

# brian at boole in ~/StarMade [23:37:34]
    $ ./StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
    [VERSION] VERSION: 0.09373
    [VERSION] BUILD: 20130625_204549
    #################### StarMade #######################
    # version 0.09373 - build 20130625_204549 #
    #####################################################
    [LIBLOADER] OS ARCHITECTURE amd64
    Exception in thread "main"
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jinput-dx8_64 in java.library.path
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1860)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:845)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1084)
    at iX.a(SourceFile:60)
    at org.schema.game.common.Starter.main(SourceFile:656)

I see libjinput-linux64.so in $dir/native/linux. I tried to simlink it to the appropriate .so file name. didn't work. I also downloded the lwjgl library from sourceforge and tried to add that path to the server launcher with -Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=-Djava.library.path=, with and without symlinks to the alternate name.

I don't know if the symlinks should have helped or not. I'm on openjdk7.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you follow this tutorial? Its very well described

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZuKzqU_N-I

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for your response. No, I did not watch the video. I was fairly comfortable executing the few commands listed here: http://star-made.org/content/set-dedicated-server-linux-0

I did just watch the video, and it was an indepth detail about executing the same commands. I don\'t think there is much different other than maybe my JRE and linux flavor. It seems like a library path should be easy to satisfy though, so I thought there was an easy answer there. I did leave out the part about screen. I don\'t think that should be required anyway. It\'s interesting the type of dependency that\'s not being found for the dedicated server however. Some research reveals that this might handle controller input for the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I\'m gonna pretend like I know what\'s going on and assume that since I\'m not on Linux, it\'s trying to launch the windows version. I see plenty of .dll referenes for the missing component, but there is no .so. i\'m assuming dx means directx. i don\'t know. I\'m using FreeBSD to run the server, and i\'m assuming the os detection is not being friendly here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Try adding \"-Dos.name=Linux\" to the command line. You\'ll still may need to resolve the native library issues (the Linux .so\'s won\'t work -- you\'ll need the FreeBSD equivalents), but given that a server doesn\'t need jinput you may not. In any case, I can start a server with the above addition, but I\'m getting an error when I connect:

connection made. starting new processor 56447, /192.168.0.94; local: 4242, /192.168.0.71, keepalive false
    java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketSetOption(Native Method)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.setOption(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:262)
    at java.net.Socket.setTrafficClass(Socket.java:1266)
    at org.schema.schine.network.server.ServerListener.run(SourceFile:195)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    One more addtion to the command line clears up the problem:

java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dos.name=Linux -jar StarMade.jar -server

There is occasional lag, but so far it\'s quite playable. This is with FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE. My Java version:

openjdk version \"1.6.0_32\"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_32-b27)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)