Private Personal Shops

Reaction score
    When I set my personal shop to faction use only anyone can still buy and sell from it. Need way to make shop unaccesssble to people outside of faction

Reaction score
    and then set the permissions to \"faction only\"

i hope it helps

Reaction score
    I have set the shoo to faction only however it doesn\'t seem to work. People are still accessing it and selling it crap and taking the hulls, power,shields ect... Out. Are any other options to limit access?

Reaction score
    I think you can edit the price, so make everything you want worth 10 million credits, then everything else including ore 1 credit. Watch people empty their credits into you and not be able to get them back.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    has been fixed with the 0,14 release.

Your shop should work on \"faction-only\" as a private shop to your faction.
    (You should not use it as \'storage\' either, since any patch or crash may corrupt the stored items)

In case you set it to faction only and it is still allowing everyone to sell and buy, you didnt put an owner in, to lock it. (In this case you are lucky no one else did that, since unlocked shops work for everyone)

In case it is not working with faction only, make sure you are in a faction. =)

Still not working?
    Please drop me a PM where that happens (server, version).
    Will look at it myself then.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can confirm this bug. Setting your private shop block to faction only, no enemies etc has no effect at all. Other players (non faction and enemy) can still use your shop.

Sometimes, once these settings are set, or you deposit money, then unload the sector by flying away or leave the game and then come back to the sector, the settings have not saved and the shop has reverted back to it\'s default state. This means you lost your deposited money, and lost the parts you put to the shop.

Even stranger is that the shop block that was placed is now gone, as the blocks placed on the planet have reverted back to a previous state (like that part of the planet was never edited), but the shop is still accessable. A ghost shop! It will allow you to place a replacement shop block on the planet, but then you cannot use the shop at all as it becomes errored.

Server (and client) is a clean install and a new universe with the release of 0.1401. (Really this is the second attempt at a clean install and new universe of 0.1401 on the server to try and solve the many bugs of the database not saving correctly and reverting builds and setting back to previous states).

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    On the testserver all shops are working the way they should, (Yes this wont help you, but I need to get this reproducable, and when its working here in 100% of the cases, and not at your computer/server there needs to be something causing it, that we didnt see before.)

May you PM me the server adress (in case it is reachable from the outside)?

- Andy

Reaction score
    I play on the windoom server :4242 i do not have the choice to change the buy items price\'s. I can change the sell prices. Version 0.14. Even with faction only set outsders are accessing my shop. I have since deleted the shop as it does me no good at the moment. Ae a side note the admin\'s had to turn off pirates cause they were spawning in the 1000\'s

Edit: deleted shop and put new one in and this one seems to work. So far.