Power and reactor level based sector or server wide restriction command

Reaction score
    So Nastral allready did a simmilar suggestion for mass and size of ships, and I would like to extend on this idea:

With the new power system, having the ability to only allow ships up to a certain reactor size in the universe, or even just some sectors or systems via command (chmod?) would be really helpful.

Example: In comparission to the mass based restrictions, a reactor level based restriction would allow players to manufacture larger carriers, that don't have their own weapons, but can undock many drones that can be guided by the player. As the carrier falls under the same power restrictions, all his power is dedicated to move the drones in it to a sector, and to hold up some decent shields.

The mass and ship size based restrictions are more about the reduction of lag, but the power based restrictions allow for some changed gameplay.

In short:

1. add a maximum reactor level restriction to the server settings/via command.

2. If possible: add a maximum reactor level setting or cammand that can be applied only to sectors or systems of the server.

3. Extra: Add a setting or command, that only allows a certain number of ship of one faction or player with a certain maximum reactor level - either serverwide, systemwide , or sectorwide (example: player A can only have 2 ships with a reactor level of 10 or higher in a sector, the others get warped into some sort of prison sector after ejecting the player; so player A can only use 2 flagships when he tries to fight in this sector be it to defend it or to attack something).

Last edited:
    Reactions: DrTarDIS
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Starmade is meant to be a game with no limits. Although what you suggest would increase performance, restricting players has NEVER worked out right.
    Restricting power would REALLY constrain players.

There is a problem, but this is not the answer.

Reaction score
    I didn't suggest this for better performance. =)

I rewrote it a little bit, it might be a little bit arbitrary in its words.

Server owners have the choice to use the suggested command, and the vanilla settings stay the same.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I presume this would be quite similar to the Mass or Dimension restrictions some servers have.
    Nothing wrong with having more options for server owners so they can do as they please. I would guess that a bunch of new options will be added with or after the power update.