Possible changes to the Dis-integrater block.

Reaction score
    Im probably not the only one to think that the Dis-integrater block is quite underpowerd, so here are my suggestions that i think that could be made to the Dis-integrater block:

• Remote/Timed detonation
    i can see the remote detonation being used for targets in a station or large ship.
    • Shield penetrating warheads
    Now, i think this is the most lacking of the dis-integrater. if it is made able to penetrate through shield, people can actually create bombs that actually do damage, because 99% of the more advanced do have shields.

There is probably more to improve to the Dis-integrator block, this is just what i came up with, more suggestions are welcome.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    1) As far as I have heard, the disintegrator blocks will be able to be detonated with the new activation blocks.
    2) As far as I am aware, disintegrators do penetrate shields without exception, you can have any amount of shields, it will damage your ship and the ship you come in contact with no matter what.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yes that could make they a bit better but what to could do it when it crashes on an object it explodes and thrusters that keeps going forward and not stopping we could make an missile then xD

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    1) As far as I have heard, the disintegrator blocks will be able to be detonated with the new activation blocks.
    2) As far as I am aware, disintegrators do penetrate shields without exception, you can have any amount of shields, it will damage your ship and the ship you come in contact with no matter what.
    I already tested this out.

They don't penetrate shields - they do damage the same way missiles do. As far as I can tell, it adds the per-block damage for every block hit by the explosion together, and deals that damage to the shields instead of simply bypassing the shields.

I'm going to have to test further by running a ship through a minefield, but as it stands, disintegrators seem to be weaker than the equivalent quantity of missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The only real use I found for them was directly planting them on shielded ships, and then detonating them by ramming a small fast ship into them to set them off. In this way they bypass the shields because they are part of the ship. Of course you can't do this with another faction's ships since you don't have permission to edit them.

Reactions: Winterhome

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think it is bullshit to make them weaker than homing missile blocks.

They should have twice the efficiency as d1000 or at least completely bypass shields - you have to invest into blocks you gonna lose and they may get shot down as-well.
    I would like the ability to radar-jam non-player mines permanently to disable auto-targeting of turrets in minefields.

But permanently jammed mines would not be that good for ship-ship combat as their higher weight leads to more required thrusters on any carrier ship. (irrelevant if you could use docked ships as thrust-nacelles for your main ship)

It would be cool though if you can make booby-traps against scavengers with activation blocks not only activating doors and such.