Implemented Possebility to switch storage pull on or off externally

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    With the addition of sector mining for fleets with mining drones and the carrier option to dock such a mining fleet the thing needed now is the option to switch on or off the storage pull externally to unload mining drones without the operator needs to go to every drone to switch off the storage pull for this to happen.

I presume a button could toggle the pull on or off, or a remote, or a combination of these, but hey I don't know what else you guys have in the pipeline for us, so I just drop the above as a thought to work towards. ;)

Greets,

Jan

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really don't see what prevents you from just leaving auto-pull off. It's not like mining drones actually need it for anything. If you do for some reason need your drones to enable it when they're not docked, put an activation block next to their dockers, link it to a NOT-gate, and link that to the storage. Auto-pull will then be disabled whenever the drone is docked, but not otherwise.

I request the council, or official staff, tag this one as "implemented".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really don't see what prevents you from just leaving auto-pull off. It's not like mining drones actually need it for anything. If you do for some reason need your drones to enable it when they're not docked, put an activation block next to their dockers, link it to a NOT-gate, and link that to the storage. Auto-pull will then be disabled whenever the drone is docked, but not otherwise.
    If things like this aren't in the documentation how am I supposed to know? It is completely new to me that rail dockers behave the same as rails with an activator or button next to it let alone that a storage block pull can be disabled with a sustained pulse from a logic block. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    I can see the logic behind this, I have several static cargo containers on my ship that carry a very select item stock, and would def like to be able to control them from some room using buttons, then going to each one and doing this all manually, i have 26 cargo containers, and if i make a mistake, its usually bad.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can control them all from one room using logic. Set activators in a room, link them to each storage containers block, label so you don't forget which is which. Problem solved. Also, activators can control more than one storage block, and multiple activators(in my experience) can be linked to each storage block as well.

Edit: I'll throw this in here too. Multiple dockers/rails can be linked to each storage block as well as multiple storage blocks linked to each rail/docker. If someone knows differently, say so. It has worked like this for me so far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Edit: I'll throw this in here too. Multiple dockers/rails can be linked to each storage block as well as multiple storage blocks linked to each rail/docker. If someone knows differently, say so. It has worked like this for me so far.
    In my experience, a storage block can only be slaved to one rail. Trying to slave it to a second rail removes the first link.
    If things like this aren't in the documentation how am I supposed to know? It is completely new to me that rail dockers behave the same as rails with an activator or button next to it
    It's been that way since release nearly a year ago. And, yes, it was documented.
    0.19226-Rail Release notes 5-10-15 said:
    Placing an activation block next to the docker will cause it to activate on docking, and deactivate on undocking.