Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schine & schema,

This suggest today...

https://starmadedock.net/threads/option-to-unbind-keys.31073/#post-373403

...reminded me of a suggestion I made a while ago...

https://starmadedock.net/threads/pop-out-gui-windows.26826/

...which saprked a thought of the tablet idea today.

The basic idea is for there to be a window separate to the client window. This could be multi-screen aware in full-screen mode or operate as an indepedant window when you choose to use window mode.

n this window you would be able to generate buttons for every key, command, function in the game to allow immediate action. kind of like a button with a macro assigned to trigger a function in the game.

This window would in essence be a tablet view, with buttons big enough for fingers on an actual tablet.
    And this is how I would use it. I would have a touch screen or tablet setup as an extended screen to my desktop.
    On my gaming rig, I have a 24in touch screen and I have also experimented with extending my screen with a tablet. The only issue I would have with some things was cursor focus, but I'm sure the game could be configured to work around this.

With this tablet, you would not need worry about multiple keybinds, menus, and commands cluttering your screen or controls.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    True. It could even work like StarTreks explosive consoles =)

Why is there no android app to connect to SM alongside your PC and add touch-controls if you desire so?
    Laptop logged into server ... check
    PC logged into server ... check
    Handy logged into server ... check
    Tablet logged into server ... check

I don't own a tabled, but when I can, I use my laptops screen for the minimap while using the monitor for the real game window.
    I could place my laptop between my PC screen and keyboard to have the double number of keys, but to use them I have to change the keyboard layout for my laptop and keyboard separately so I can setup the settings to use both input devices simultanously for different commands.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy