Poor labeling on Aux power system

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Having to re evaluate. After enough insistence by others I realized I must have a bug going on re installed and not doing the same.
    This is the third time I have had to reinstall lately after updating.

Last edited:

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    The on power rating is more accurately the discharge rate of the capacitance of the system.
    It does no and never produces power at the discharge rate it does transfer the stored charge at that rate.
    This is wrong. The "on power rating" is a power regeneration rate, not the discharge rate (which is 25% of the maximum auxiliary capacity per second).

You can test it yourself if you aren't convinced: add a couple dozens auxiliaries to a ship core, turn them on, and watch how your main power pool behaves.

Edit:
    The auxiliary power system provides interment spikes in power unless set to on all the time. Then its continuous power is that of the off rating only.
    also wrong, it isn't the off rating, it's the on rating

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I went to the point of attaching a cannon cannon system to a ship and then tried providing power using the aux power only.
    This is wrong. The "on power rating" is a power regeneration rate, not the discharge rate (which is 25% of the maximum auxiliary capacity per second).

You can test it yourself if you aren't convinced: add a couple dozens auxiliaries to a ship core, turn them on, and watch how your main power pool behaves.

Edit:

also wrong, it isn't the off rating, it's the on rating
    Turned out the I had a bug needed to reinstall. Again. Argh.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    GRHayes... it sounds like you were confused in the exact same way I was. When the patch first came out I also thought the "ON" rate was the discharge rate, and i couldn't make sense of what the auxiliary reactors were doing when trying to follow the math. After realizing how they actually worked, I felt bad, I felt stupid. I realize now that the auxiliary reactor storage bar is unnecessary and should be completely ignored. If they don't get rid of the auxiliary storage bar, it will be a constantly repeated question on forums for years to come. And I don't mind admitting that I felt dumb, if gets them to change the thing.