• Yes

• No

• Leave well enough alone!

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Post your questions for all and sundry of the candidates here. We will answer them in our threads. If you have specific questions for individual candidates, go ahead as ask in their thread.

(Candidates: Agree? Disagree? If its a terrible idea Ill just delete the post.)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Here's a few that come to mind...

1. There's a lot of people who enjoy Starmade but either lack the reason or time to get involved with the forums. How would you ensure that the opinions of various not-as-social players on servers or playing single-player are represented?

2. While there's nothing stopping any regular member from doing so, the attention that is likely to come with a 'councilor' badge would be a great boon for most forms of community interaction. Besides the described duties of a councilor do you have any other ideas or plans to help the community?

3. Without any interaction with Schine or Realms Network or any game updates, how long do you think this community would be considered active? What is your definition of an active community?

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Post your questions for all and sundry of the candidates here. We will answer them in our threads. If you have specific questions for individual candidates, go ahead as ask in their thread.

(Candidates: Agree? Disagree? If its a terrible idea Ill just delete the post.)
    I think this is a good idea. Thanks Lidren for making this post. I don't know about the others, but I vote yes in that poll above, and I think this is a good idea, and how it should have been made originally.

Here's a few that come to mind...

1. There's a lot of people who enjoy Starmade but either lack the reason or time to get involved with the forums. How would you ensure that the opinions of various not-as-social players on servers or playing single-player are represented?

2. While there's nothing stopping any regular member from doing so, the attention that is likely to come with a 'councilor' badge would be a great boon for most forms of community interaction. Besides the described duties of a councilor do you have any other ideas or plans to help the community?

3. Without any interaction with Schine or Realms Network or any game updates, how long do you think this community would be considered active? What is your definition of an active community?
    If it wasn't 20minutes past midnight and I wasn't sleep deprived I'd actually probably be interested in answering these questions...or at least no.3.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a question...

Rate your top three (or more) concerns in order of importance. With your primary concern at the top. This is literally anything game related: balance, mechanics, blocks, rp, back end, graphics, etc. The more specific you are the better.

Show me yours I'll show you mine :)

Edit: My priorities posted in my Q&A thread

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I have a question...

Rate your top three (or more) concerns in order of importance. With your primary concern at the top. This is literally anything game related: balance, mechanics, blocks, rp, back end, graphics, etc. The more specific you are the better.

Show me yours I'll show you mine :)

1: Features & Balance
    2: Performance
    3: Graphics

Reasoning - Performance is a huge issue, but for performance to mean anything, you have to have plenty of players. Features and balancing are what keep part of the potential player base around for more than a few weeks, and graphics are what keep a part of the potential audience from starting playing the game.

Fixing the economy, implementing Shipyards & the HP system, proving a reasonable alternative to planet mining (variable asteroid sizes, auto-mining factories on planet plates, whatever), and removing some of the game's gameplay limits are my top priority, as game mechanics that're entertaining for more than a month and a half are much more important than making sure the servers can handle 5 million mass titan fleet battles on $10/mo hardware. Minecraft suffers from performance issues, but the gameplay mechanics and balance are what keep players coming in and playing it for years.

Graphics are slightly less important, but are pretty high up there. We don't want to be known as Space Engineers' ugly cousin forever. Graphics don't improve gameplay, but they do prevent reviewers from shitting on the game for it, and they lower the entry barrier for newbies who aren't accustomed to '90s gaming.

Reactions: Keptick and Lidren